two: thinking about you

betty

I can't fall asleep, my mind keeps relaying the image of that boy, Jughead, who lived with Archie. God, he was the sexiest boy I've ever seen. His eyes were piercing. His face structure was admirable. His hair was so purely black that it made his beautiful eyes and fair skin stand out. 

Okay, wow, relax Betty. You sound like a stalker. He probably doesn't even remember you. A boy like that? Ha, in your dreams.

It did shock me, however, that he even took my number when I wrote my number on the window. I shouldn't fool myself... he's probably a jock and has a train of girls following him around the school. Probably a fuck boy, to be honest.

I wouldn't mind being one of his conquests. NO BETTY STOP. I never think like this, what is going on?! 

I pull my pillow over my face, squeezing to try and focus my mind on something else, but to no avail. This was gonna be a long night.

~~~

    ♛jughead♛  

I can't stop thinking about the girl next door. Blonde hair that contrasted so well with her deep green eyes. I was never one to find a girl attractive within seconds, but she was different. I keep seeing her in my head, keeping me awake. I might as well go eat some food. 

I stand up from my blow up mattress that lays on Archie's bedroom floor. Once I do, I notice a light turn on from the house across. It was Betty's room. I walk towards the window and she notices me as well. 

I pull out my phone and text her:

Jughead:

What are you doing up?

She's quick to respond.

Betty:

Couldn't sleep. 

I wonder if she couldn't sleep for the same reason I couldn't. Pft, who am I kidding, someone that beautiful would never feel the same way about me.

Betty:

What about you, night crawler?

I chuckle at her choice of words, smiling up at her before responding,

Jughead:

Couldn't sleep either, I was gonna grab a snack. I like to eat. A lot.

I look up and see her giggle as she reads my text. 

Betty:

Healthy food, I assume? 

Jughead:

Healthy?! I think I physically barf anytime I eat a vegetable if it's not a topping on pizza or in a burger. No thank you, those things are strictly for Archie.

Betty:

Really? Doesn't your coach ask you to eat healthy?

I scoff. Did she think I was an athlete?

Jughead:

Coach? Sports are a no-go for me.

Betty:

Are you serious?

Jughead:

Yes, Juliet. I'm a writer. 

I think the nickname Juliet suits her well, so pristine and alluring. Plus, talking from our windows was like a modern-day balcony talk. I notice her bite her lip as she reads the text.

Betty: 

Wow. I never would've thought. But that's awesome, I'm a writer too!

Jughead:

No kidding? And why wouldn't you have thought?

Betty:

Well your... I'm sorry you're gonna think I'm weird but.. your body. It's.. quite a body. 

I wasn't overly buff or anything like Archie, so I don't know what she sees, especially through my baggy clothes.

Jughead:

Okay, that's a little creepy Betts.

Betty:

You asked! Plus, Mr. Hypocrite, isn't it odd to be giving me 2 nicknames already when we haven't spoke more than 4 sentences to each other in real life?

She was smug.

Jughead: 

Fair enough. But admit it, you love them.

Betty:

Maybe...

I chuckle.

Jughead:

You're cool, Betty Cooper.

Betty:

Is that supposed to be a grand compliment? If so, I'll take it. You're cool too, Jughead.

I look up to see her smiling at me. She waves and I wave back a hello. She laughs and shakes her head, typing on her phone.

Betty:

I was saying goodnight, stupid.

Wow, that's embarrassing. 

Jughead:

Fuck you. 

Betty:

Ouch! Don't be so foul, Jug!

I look up and she does too. I raise a middle finger and she giggles. 

Jughead:

Oh, I get a nickname too?

Betty: 

That's how it works, baby. And I gave you one before you did, when you took my number, remember?

Jughead:

Right. Well, goodnight, Betts.

Betty:

Night, Jug.

I can feel the big fat smile on my face, it hurts my cheeks. There was something special about Betty Cooper, and I was going to find out exactly what it was.

~~~

Hey guys! I'm sorry that was a shorter chapter than I usually do, but I didn't want to squeeze in the next plot because otherwise it'd be literally 2000 words long. Stay tuned though, the next part will be up soon!