13.

Nash Mercury's POV.

October 4th. Saturday.

3:00 PM (ish)

"Skye, I know that you are mad at me right now. But you have to tell me what's wrong." Seeing Skye, my Skye, like this is killing me. I just hope it wasn't me who made her like this.

I didn't realize how in the wrong I was yesterday until after school. After not being with Skye for a day. I realized that what I said to her was so disrespectful and rude and it's something she doesn't deserve.

I don't know what made her come to my house and cry on my shoulder but whatever it is, it's going to get fucked up.

Skye shakes her head as I sit us both down on the couch. Her tears are washing my shirt but I don't care. I just want her to stop crying. To stop hurting.

"Skye, please." I croak out. "I need you to tell me what's wrong so I can solve the problem." 

"It's not something you can solve, Nash." That's the most Skye has said since she's gotten here but it's not enough. I need to try to help her but I don't feel like I'm helping her at all right now.

I kiss Skye's forehead and sit her up, to be able to look into her eyes. As soon as she sits fully up, I feel empty. Her eyes are puffed up. Her makeup is running down her face and she is physically shaking.

I can't take this.

"Skye, you're telling me who the hell got you this upset. And I'm going to kill them. Okay? Okay. Tell me." I say looking her in the eyes.

"It's not something I want you to know about. To ever know about. It's too much for me to even bring up." Skye stands to her feet. "I should just go. This was a mistake, I'm sorry." Skye says and walks over to my door, turning the knob.

I walk up behind her and grab her wrists. Skye tenses up immediately and starts to whisper, "Don't grab me." She shakes me off sternly and walks out my front doors. I follow her outside and jog to stand in front of her.

"You have to tell me." Is all I say as I stand over her. She looks up at me as the tears in her eyes form once again.

"You're too much like him..." Skye mutters to herself and walks around me.

She thinks that I'm going to let her get away without telling me. There's no way in hell.

Once again, I run after her. I get to her as she opens her car door and sits in. Before she has the chance to lock the doors, I open the passenger door and get in quickly.  As I sit down, Skye just stares at me and I stare back. I grab her hands, instead of wrists, and shake them, begging her.

She looks away from me and out the window, debating whether to tell me or not. I can tell by the defeat in her eyes when she turns around, that she's decided to tell me. I hate that I put that look in her eyes just now, but I'm relieved that she's going to tell me.

Skye sighs and leans back in her chair, closing her eyes. "You might want to sit back too. This is a long story.

5:00 PM (ish)

An hour and a half later, Skye's finished her story. Her story of her absusive father, lovesick mother and crazy little twin brothers. All these things I've never known.

I always wondered why we never went to her house except for right after school, but now I know. Now I regret ever thinking about it. 

The story started from when she was eight to now, seventeen. She's cried more in this hour and a half than I assume she has in her whole life.