10.

Evan Parker's POV.

" I told you do not talk to her. Yet you deliberately speak to her. " my cousin whined leaning herself against the locker next to mine. I ignored her grabbing the books I needed for homework and slammed my locker.

" She's my girlfriend, whether you like it or not. " 

My cousin stared at me for a long time. " I don't like it. " 

I shrugged and turned on my heel, nodding at my friends on the football team as I made my way towards my car. I was actually suppose to be dropping my dear cousin Skye home but since she practically decided on acting like a bitch ( more than usual ) she can find her own ride home.

It sucks that her car is in the shop but then again you're not suppose to be texting and driving. 

At the same time.

I parked in the same spot, right behind my mother. It's been the two of us since I was about four with occasional visits from my aunt and her family, but their company was never announced, which created chaos in the Parker household. 

" Ma, I'm home! " I screamed into the house dropping my bag and kicking off my shoes by the door. I walked into the kitchen to find my mom with my beats around her head, bumping to whatever song that seemed to be playing on her Pandora app My mom has always been a single mother. My sperm donor wasn't ready for a kid, but it's cool because I'm not ready for a father.

Nor will I ever be ready for a father.

I pulled off the headphones and tackled my mom into a bear hug from behind. " Simone Angela Parker, is that Nicki Minaj I hear? " I kissed her cheek and grinned lazily. 

She turned around and whacked me with the spatula. " It's mommy to you boy. And of course I listen to Nicki! Everybody else does! I'm hip, ain't I? "

I looked and her nodded. " Yes you are. "

She giggled like a fifteen year old, " Go do something productive. "

I contemplated on doing my homework but settled for something better. After all I was passing all my classes like a straight A nerd. Although I'm pretty sure getting straight A's doesn't make you a nerd, just smart.

I grabbed my pennyboard off the freezer top which is where I always put it because it drove my mother crazy and she was too short to reach it and too lazy to climb out there on a chair. I closed the door behind me and began skating down the street towards my girlfriend's house. 

I heard my phone ringing and smiled instantly at the ringtone. It was my best friend Trey Jerome. We grew up together, and our bond was unbreakable. Trust me, a lot of people have tried to split us up.

" Who is this? " I spoke into my phone stepping off my pennyboard that became slower and sat down on a curb in front of someone's house. 

" Very funny little shit. You have Caller ID. " Trey's voice rang through my ears. I chuckled and ran a hand through my hair, I need a haircut.

" Nah but what's up? You forgot about me? " I teased although it was true. Trey was always M.I.A during the first month of school, then will return back to socializing the fifth of October. That way the teachers would pair him off with a girl, a pretty one, to help him catch up.

It's a win win. Although I'm pretty sure half of the student body is aware that no matter how hard he tried, he'll never really be the new kid.

He chuckled. " Well today is obviously the fourth of October, so I decided to get a head start and call up my favorite person in the world. " 

I snorted. " Gay much? "

He chuckled and I could imagine him shaking his head. " Remind me that when I see you in the morning tomorrow to give you a slap to the head, dick. "

Nash Mercury's POV.

"Skye! Can you wait up for a second?" I yell running after her. I'm surprised she actually stopped but she's still so far away.

By the time I finally catch up with her, she's tapping her foot as if waiting for me to speak.

"Two things. One, why are you walking home? Your car is perfect." I smile at her, hoping she'll return the favor. She doesn't.

"I don't think that's your business actually." Skye says, swiftly turning around to have her hair slap me in the face. Before she can walk away I grab her arm and turn her back to face me. "Fine, my car is in the shop. That's it." She shrugs me off her but stays put.

"Two. I, um, saw you talking to Evan today..."

"And?" She glares.

"Why were you talking with him? I mean, not like you have to tell me but... He just... I don't like him and I don't think he's good for you!" I blurt the last part out and cover my mouth as Skye's falls open.

"Do you seriously think that I'm that much of a whore? I can't even talk to boys without me dating them or something? You're ridiculous." She shakes her head at me.

"I'm sorry I just--"

"Save it. Nash, this is the first time we've talked since Friday and this is what you have to say to me? Are you f.ucking kidding me? Evan is my cousin, he was supposed to give me a ride home. Are you happy now?" Skye says with hurt clear in her voice.

I don't say anything before I hug her. I pull her in and her head stays on my chest.After three minutes she pulls out of the embrace.

"I just can't Nash. I know the only reason why you were worried about Evan was because you want me to be your girlfriend but in all actuality, it's never, ever, going to happen. Nash, I like kissing you, and blowing you and all that, but that's it. That's all that is ever going to happen, and I'm sorry."

I fumble backwards a bit because of how much her words sting.

"Just why?" I ask and Skye gives me a dumbfounded look. "I mean, you've told me no again and again but with no reasoning behind it."

"I just... It's because..." She looks at the sky searching for a reason, making me smirk.

I start poking her. "You like me!" I continue to poke her and start to laugh. "I know you do! I can tell! You, Skye Walters, like me back!" She starts to giggle but quickly covers it up.

Fighting a smile she says, "No I don't!"

"Oh come on! You're going to keep trying and deny it but you're going to have to face the facts sooner or later."

"I'll take later." She says turning around again and walking away as fast as possible. I take two steps and catch up with her, wrapping my arms around her waist and pulling her back into my body, she loves when I do that. When I bring my head down to look at her, she's grinning wider than I've ever seen.

"I like you Skye. And you like me. And we've kissed and you've seen my penis so many times and we should just date already."

"Ugh, fine! Fine! Fine! Fine! Nash Mercury, will you be my boyfriend?" Skye asks, spinning around in my arms.

I lift her up bridal style and she throws her head back in laughter. "It would be a dream come true."