6.

Skye Walters Point of View.

It's been three days and Nash still hasn't talked to me. When I see him in the hallway, we make eye contact and he just walks the other way. Honestly, it actually scares me but, I kind of miss Nash. It's only been three days but, I saw him everyday after school and now, he won't even talk to me in school.

Of course, I can't tell anyone that I miss him. Especially not Kacey or Lacey because they'll try and convince me that I lost my touch. Which isn't fucking possible by the way.

I gather my lunch and go to sit at my table. Kacey and Lacey sit waiting for me. Shaking their heads in unison as I approach the table.

"What is your problem?" I scowl and slam my food down on the table. They do not want to irritate me while I'm going through make out withdrawal.

They immediately stop shaking their heads but continue to stare at me. "You're acting so different and you're three days behind schedule with Nash." Lacey says first.

"So, who the hell cares?" I take the largest bite possible out of my apple. "I started this 'project' and whenever I feel like ending it is fine."

"But Skye if you're behind schedule, then when am I supposed to flirt with him? We had it planned for Saturday and it's already Thursday and he hasn't even fingered you yet and you haven't even had sex with him to tell him if he's doing it right and I can't have sex with a guy who's not good and I just--"

"Oh my God, Kacey do you ever shut up?" I put my head in my hands. "I'll tell you when to make your move, now can I eat in peace?"

They both look at each other and nod, slowly chewing on their pizza. Man, they're fat.

We sit in silence for three minutes, me contemplating going up to Nash and smacking him in the face for not talking to me. Or going up to Nash to apologize.

The silence is broken in an instance by the twins gasping and shaking each other.

"What the hell?" I say and they look at me and motion their eyes for me to turn around. When I do, I'm in utter awe.

Knox Fletcher is walking towards me. Holy shit, Knox Fletcher is walking towards me! I know you're probably thinking, why am I, the great Skye Walters, getting giddy over a guy?

Okay, think about this and try not to fall out of your chair. Think of the hottest guy in the world, multiply it by forty, add a six pack and dimples that can kill. And then you'll end up with Knox.

I look at Kacey and Lacey and give them eye messages to shut up, act cool and tell me if there's anything on my face. They listen for all of two seconds and then start to squeal again.

"Okay, we get it, he's coming over here, calm down." They both shake their heads and tell me to look behind me but in the other direction.

Are you serious right now? Brantley Tanner?

The two best looking, most muscular guys are coming for me. Oh my God. I look in my other direction to see if God is going to bless me anymore than he already is, but the devil steps in at the moment.

Damn.

Of course, here comes Nash Mercury.

 May Evans Point of View.

I am not afraid to admit that I, May Evans, have been avoiding Evan Parkers. Which is very difficult due to the fact that we share majority of the same classes. It's understandable that I haven't realized before because I'm pretty immune to every other student attending my school.

Ever since Monday night when I realized that I wanted to fuck the brains out of him, not just because of teaching him how to have sex but because I want to be with him, I've been ignoring him.

The texts.

The calls.

Everything.

It's Thursday morning and I'm on my way to math class. Which is irrelevant because I'm failing math, and summer school is calling my name.

A hand shot out from the janitor's closet and surprisingly I didn't scream, or hit my attacker.

" Why are you ignoring me? " Evan whined.

" Why are you ignoring him? " Nash questioned.

I frowned. " Nash you don't even like Evan. " 

My best friend shrugged, " Yeah, you're right. We'll talk later. " He smiled and waved before walking out of the janitor's closet. 

I stared at my interesting dirty old white converses, my hair framing my face. 

I don't want to be here. Oh god.

" May. Please tell me why you've been ignoring me. " He asked intertwining his hands with mine.

My breath caught in my throat, that was the first time I think he's ever called me May. 

" I haven't been ignoring you. " I deadpanned.

He placed two fingers under my chin, forcing me to meet his pretty brown eyes.

Shit.

" You're really cute when you blush. " he whispered before bringing me in for a kiss.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

" Hello? Anybody home? " I called out into my eerily quiet house. I heard a sound upstairs that seemed to be the sound of a glass crashing. Dropping my back, I skipped upstairs and into my brothers room. My parents were huddled together in the corner crying, shouting at my brother to stop his tantrums.

They knew that wouldn't work. It never does. It only makes him more upset. I walked over to my brother, grabbing his medicine off his dresser. I sat against the wall, pulling him against me, whispering soothing things into his ear.

" I'm sorry. " he sobbed uncontrollably. " They just don't get it. You understand, right May? I love you. I love you May. I'm sorry. "

He took his medicine and closed his eyes, breathing heavily. I wiped his tears and kissed his forehead. " It's okay. I love you too Cayde. " 

I stood up, lifting him up onto my hip and he instantly wrapped his arms and legs tightly around my body, resting his head on my shoulder. 

I walked into my room, locking the door behind us, and laying down and readjusting his position so he was sound asleep on top of me. 

I played with his hair, thinking back to the times where Cayde was happy. 

Really happy.

The doctors never knew what happened to him, but whatever did, traumatized him for good.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

" Hello? " I whispered into my phone as I exited the shower changing into my pyjama, not bothering to check who was calling. I got into bed, next to Cayde who was still sound asleep, hugging my teddy bear Mr.Noodles next to him. 

" I just wanted to let you know that today meant nothing. I was just caught up in the moment. " Evan whispered, his voice breaking.

He began speaking again, but I was too busy pressing the end button. I didn't believe his excuse, but I still didn't want to hear his voice.

Because days like today, only family matters.