12.

May Evans Point of View.

October 4th. Saturday.

10:45 AM ( ish. )

  I glanced at myself in the mirror, nodding at myself in approval. Today I decided on wearing a beige crop sweater, a pair of white skinny jeans, and my Jeffrey Campbell ankle booties. Also to top it off, instead of my natural sloppy buns/ponytails, I actually made time to curl my hair so that it hung down my back, the right side over my shoulder, elegantly. 

  I knew that when Evan arrived he'll be shocked to me. No doubt. I never liked dressing this way because it reminded me of all the other girls. I didn't want to be labeled like all of the either girls either. But nevertheless, everyone needs a little change in their lives.

  I opened my bedroom door, almost running over my little brother. " Hey Junior. " He looked up at me and his brows furrowed in confusion, then after giving me another once over, he smiled.

  " Finally. You actually look like a girl. I was coming upstairs to tell you that mom says your breakfast is getting cold. " I scowled and flipped him off, following him back down the steps. I took my seat at the table, digging into my eggs, not before pouring syrup all over them.

  " You look cute. Is it because Evan has took your virginity? " my mom spoke up. I snorted. Oh the irony.

  " Actually mom, I'm not a virgin. However, he is. " I answered chewing on a pancake. My brother stared at his plate, not touching his food, shaking his head. He was probably wondering how he got put into this family. Sometimes I wondered the same thing actually. Yeah, my brother and I liked to goof around but we were both so different from our mom and dad that it was just crazy. Besides the looks you would think we were just a whole bunch of strangers under the same roof.

1:07 PM ( ish. ) 

  " Where are we going again? " I questioned Evan as I gazed out the window staring at the trees as they went by.

  " My house. " he answered in a tone that ended the conversation. As much as I sound like a bitch for this, I really hate this relationship. Now, this isn't my first relationship and I've actually been in quite a few. Sometimes I wonder if I was Evan's first everything. He was my first nothing and I'm happy about that too for the simple fact that we only started talking because he asked me to help him learn how to have sex. Now that I think of it, it's a pretty stupid ass favor. 

  " Hey. We're here. " he whispered before getting out the car. I followed suit and trailed behind him up the walkway, watching as he fiddled with his keys. He pushed the door opening, gesturing for me to go first, closing the door behind us. No words being said, he grabbed my wrist, pulling me up the steps towards his room, opening it and then locking it behind us.

  He pushed me against his door, resting both of his hands above my head. " I'm ready. We haven't known each other for long, hell we've only been dating for a couple weeks but I am absolutely ready. You, May Evans, are my very own chill button. I'm so fucked up with all these thoughts running through my head that we won't work out, and that's the thing. I want us to work out. I want us to be happy. Damnit. We're going to be happy, no matter what. Okay? " 

  By this point tears were coming one after another. His happy warm inviting brown eyes looked so lifeless, and broken. I pecked his lips. " We're going to work out, we're also going to be happy. Okay? " He grabbed my jaw forcefully and shoved his lips against mine, and I made no hesitation to wrap my arms around his neck. He squeezed my bum, which was another way of telling me to jump, which I did. He walked over to his bed, not breaking the kiss and laid me down on it. Breaking the kiss, he removed my shoes one by one, and removed my sweater, my pants following right after.

  " You're so fucking beautiful. " he whispered against my lips. I moved to the edge of the bed, watching up as he gazed down at me. " You're wearing too many clothes for my liking. " 

Skye Walters POV.

We haven't talked since yesterday and I am physically dying.

Nash, as said before, was my distraction. With him around, I wouldn't have to go home. I wouldn't have to walk into a house that used to be my home. A house that is now a hell hole.

A house that brings back so many bad memories. A house that I hate.

After school yesterday, when I walked through the front door, my dad was already home. Of course I think that maybe the night won't be horrible because it's two o'clock and my dad is home. Meaning that he isn't drunk. I was wrong.

That night was probably one of the worst. He had been drinking since seven in the morning and I didn't even know.

When I walked in I tried to go straight up to my room but in a split second, my dad was already behind me. Grabbing my ponytail and yanking me off the first step.

"Where the fuck do you think you're going Skye?" He yelled at me.

I didn't say anything back to him because that would just add on to his rage. Anything I'd say would be disrespectful. And anyone could tell, my dad doesn't do disrespect.

He threw me onto the couch and slapped the right side of my face, leaving an imprint.

The night got worse and worse until my legs and face were sore from his abuse. I used to think at least it's not rape. But nothing is worse than what this. Having the onoe guy I always looked up to fall apart right before my eyes, taking his family down with him.

Today, I woke up and tried to forget about last night. It's Saturday. That's a shopping day. A happy day.

I wish.

I hopped in my car, fresh out of the shop, and just drove. Not knowing where I was going to end up.

Five minutes after getting into my car, I find myself parked out of Nash's house.

Now I've been sitting here for an hour. Debating whether to knock on his door or just drive off.

What the fuck have I got to lose?

I get out of my car and slug up to his front door. Before my hand even touches the door, my cheeks are wet with tears. I don't want him to see me like this, but I can't hold it in.

I miss him.

I miss my old life.

I miss my dad, my family, the old me.

And Nash brought out the old me. The happy me that would do anything. That thinks anything is possible. And I want that me back.

I knock on his door three times before I hear him unlock it.

When Nash opens the front door, the tears pool out more. I start muttering words and heaving in between them. He leans in and puts his head on top of mine, engulfing me into a hug.

I stay there, sobbing, wheezing into his chest.

He just nods his head and says, "I know."