4.jonghyun - minho

boy x girl

A/N
Mention of Jonghyun and death.

Esme walked through Gangnam-gu with her nephew, Jonghyun (or Joey), by her side. 

She looked down at her adorable nephew who was looking around in awe at the many buildings around him

"Imo. The sky." He pointed out. Esme looked up at the sky to that the former blue sky was now gray and she started to feel droplets hit her face. 

"Shit." She mumbled under her breath. Neither of them were dressed for this rainy weather. He was wearing jean pants while she was wearing jean shorts. He had on a cream and maroon baseball tee while she was wearing a similar tee but it is blue and gray. They both wore grey beanies and black and white converse. 

She looked over to a building and walked inside. As soon as they walked inside, it started pouring. A sigh escaped her lips as she turned away from the door to notice that they were in a business building. She looked over to see a desk with a middle age women in a suit and the letters 'SM' behind her. 

Esme bit her lips lightly as she had a feeling that she knew where she was. She then walked over to the lady while holding Jonghyun's hand. 

"Is this SM Entertainment?" She asked. The woman nodded. 

"Yes it is. Is there something I can help you?" The woman asked. Esme looked over outside to see that the rain doesn't seem to die down anytime soon. She then looked over back to the woman.

"Can my nephew and I stay in the lobby until the rain dies down or until someone picks me up?" Esme asked. The woman looked over to see Jonghyun looking around the room and smiled softly. 

"Sure." The woman replied. Esme smiled softly and bowed. She lead Jonghyun to the seats and sat him down on a chair. She then grabbed her phone so she can call her sister, Min-seo, to see if she or Moonbin can pick them up. She then noticed that her phone was dead. A sigh escaped her lips and looked over at her nephew to see that he was staring out the window. She smiled softly and then walked back to the desk. 

"Excuse me." Esme said. 

"Yes?" The woman asked. 

"May I borrow the phone? Mine is dead and I need to call my sister." Esme explained. The woman nodded and Esme smiled. "Thank you." She grabbed the phone and dialed her sister's number. It ran a couple times until her sister picked up the phone. 

"Hello?" Min-seo answered. 

"Minnie. It's me." Esme replied. 

"Hey. Who's phone are you calling from?" She asked. 

"I'm at SM Entertainment right now with Joey. It's pouring out here. Do you think you or Moonbin can pick us up?" Esme asked. 

"Moon should be off in about 10 minutes and since his work is close by, I'll call him and ask him to pick you guys up." Min-seo explained. 

"Okay." Esme said. "I'll talk to you later." 

"Okay. Bye." Min-seo replied and Esme hung up. Esme turned around to see no Jonghyun. 

"Joey?" Esme said and looked around. She then turned towards the woman. 

"Did you see where my nephew went?" She asked. The woman looked up from the computer and shook her head. 

"Fuck." Esme said and ran off deeper into the the building.

"You aren't allowed back there." The woman yelled but Esme ignored it. 

Meanwhile, Jonghyun was exploring the building as he was always a curious child. The sound of a familiar song caught his attention and started to follow the sound. 

He finds the source of the music was behind a door that wasn't closed all the way. He walked over to the door and pushed it open to show four men dancing. Jonghyun watched in awe. 

Once the song ended, the boys decided to take a break. Jonghyun walked into the room. 

"You guys are amazing." Jonghyun commented causing the boys to jump in surprise because they didn't see the boy earlier. A tall man with big eyes and brown hair smiled and walked over to him.

"Why thank you." The man replied. 

"You're Minho from Shinee." Jonghyun pointed out. The boy then looked at all the others. "You all are from Shinee. My mom and aunt love your music. I do too." He added. 

"Really? Who is your favorite member?" Minho asked. 

"Jonghyun because that is my name. You are my second favorite." The boy replied with a huge smile. Once that name was mentioned, the four men became noticeably stiff. Minho put on a fake smile. 

"Really? Why thank you." Minho replied.  

"I know you miss him but remember that he will always be with you in your heart." Jonghyun said and the boys was shocked at the very wise sentence coming out of a young kid's mouth.

"How did you get so wise?" Minho asked. 

"My twin sister, Eun, died half a year ago from a hit and run accident. My aunt helped me and my parents deal with it." Jonghyun explained. 

"Your aunt sounds like a wise woman." Minho complemented. 

"She is. She has a major crush on you. You should go on a date on her."Jonghyun said. 

All four of the boys laughed at the comment. Their laughter, however, was cut off short from the sound of a Esme calling for someone. 

"Joey. Jonghyun. Where are you?" Esme called. 

"That's her." Jonghyun perked up. "Imo." He called back.Esme then walked in catching the boy's eyes especially Minho.

"Joey. You aren't suppose to walk off without me." Esme said. 

"Imo. Look. It's Shinee." Jonghyun said happily pointing at the boys. Esme looked up to meet Minho's eyes. A blush slightly appeared on her cheek. She had a crush on Minho for the longest time. 

"Um...hi. I'm Esmerelda but call me Esme." She said and smiled weakly. 

"Nice to meet you. I assume you know who we are since this little guy mentioned that you enjoyed us and had a crush on me." Minho explained. Esme's blush darkened and looked down. 

"Uh...yeah." Esme said. "I'm sorry for Jonghyun interrupting your practice. He is a very noisy boy. He gets it from his mother." She added. 

"It's fine. He is adorable and very smart for his age." Minho explained. Jonghyun smacked on Minho's leg a couple times. Both of them looked down. 

"Ask her on a date." Jonghyun said impatiently. 

"Joey. Don't say that. I'm sorry about that. You don't have too." Esme apologized. 

"No. It's fine. I actually would like to go on a coffee date with you. I want to know the wise aunt of this smart boy." Minho explained. Esme looked shocked. 

"Are you sure?" Esme asked. Minho nodded his head. Esme bit his lip lightly and grabbed a pen from her back pocket. She the grabbed Minho's hand and wrote her number on his hand. "Text me later and we can talk about this date." She said with a smile. Minho smiled and nodded. 

"Yay!" Jonghyun cheered. Everyone laughed. 

"Come on Jonhyun. Your father should be here." Esme said. Jonghyun nodded and waves bye to the guys before walking off. Esme looked at the boys. "Bye guys. See you later Minho." She said and leaved. Minho smiled and waved bye. 

The boys kept teasing him but Minho didn't care because he was actually excited for the date.