Chapter 22 (Final Chapter)

So, yes, this is the final chapter. Don't kill me, there's going to be a sequel :D if you want to add more drama to the story, listen to these songs while reading. (Please)

Stay - Miley Cyrus (please listen to this one while reading)

Change Me - Justin Bieber

Skinny Love - Birdy

A Drop In The Ocean - Ron Pope

Enjoy!

Melina's POV

My eyes fluttered open to the sound of birds chirping near my window, and with tired eyes, I scanned my room, trying to figure out what happened last night.

Once I realized why I had a weird feeling in my gut, I ran downstairs, my heart pounding in my chest, making me breathe heavily to help it slow down. Once I reached the kitchen, everybody was there, and I mean everybody.

"i-"

"Melina," Mom cut me off, "We have some good and bad news."

I stared at her frowing lips and sad yet happy eyes, if that's even possible, and furrowed my brows while planting my butt on one of the kitchen seats next to the one Mom was sitting on.

"Good news first."

"You got a full time modeling job." The words hit me like Hurricane Catrina, and I had to do a double take. How? How do they even know about me? And me? A model?

"H-how?" I stuttered, shaking my head whilst looking at the group of people standing in my kitchen with tears filling their eyes. Wait, this is a happy thing, why are they about to cry?

Mom took a deep breath, and smiled. "They saw you and Nash skateboarding, and thought you'd be perfect for a full time modeling job. They looked through your high school yearbook, found you, and contacted us. You just have to agree to go. This is such a big opportunity, Mel! You always say you'd love to model, and act, and I told them you are a good actress, so, they're also taking care of you auditioning for roles!"

My eyes were insanely widened, and my jaw was completely dropped. Wait, so I get to live my dream, being an actress, there's no way in hell I'm saying no to that!

"Really?" my smile was huge, and Mom's was just as big.

"Mhm," she confirmed, "Melina, this is such a big deal!"

I nodded rapidly with a grin plastered upon my face. "I know, there's no way I'm saying no!" I stood up, and wrapped my arms around her waist, tears almost spilling out.

But then it hit me.

What's the bad news?

"Um," I pulled out of the hug, "Mom, what's the bad n-news?" my breath was shaky, hoping it wasn't too bad, not bad enough to kill my huge amount of happiness from being asked to do this job. I mean, my dreams are finally coming true.

Her smile turned into a straight face. Everybody got quiet. When I glanced at Jessica, Addy, Cameron, and Nash, they had tears falling from their eyes.

Mom turned to face me with a sad look and took a deep breath. I prepared myself for what she was about to say, and took several deep breaths.

"The job is in New York."

My heart stopped.

I looked at everyone, and tears were already falling. I wanted to collapse on the ground and cry, but I stood there, bravely, and blinked rapidly to make myself not cry. "W-what?"

"I- It's in New York, but we already talked about moving, we've decided that me and you will move there, if you say yes of course, and we'll visit! I promise, there's good high schools and college's there."

I stood there with furrowed eyebrows and a straight face. I didn't want to leave my friends! But then again, there's always Skype, and text messages, and we're going to visit them anyways, right?

But, I also didn't want to leave my brother, and my dad. But it'll be a good opportunity.

Pro's and Con's flooded through my brain for about five minutes. Everyone stayed still and waited for my response. Honestly, I didn't know which was a better idea, staying in California with my friends and family, or moving to New York with my mom to live my dream.

After several minutes, I finally made my decision.

I wiped away the tear that fell a second ago, inhaled a deep breath, exhaled, and opened my mouth to speak.

"I-"

**

THE END.

STAY TUNED FOR THE LONG AUTHORS NOTE IN ABOUT FIVE MINUTES XX

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE, I LOVE YOU ALL.