Chapter 20

Nobody's POV

Nash was being horribly worked up about his date with Melina. He asked Addy to help him plan out his date several times that week.

First, they rented an event tent for the two of them to stay in, then, they went shopping to find the perfect items they needed. Next, they had to set up the decorations.

Melina knew about bits of the date, but she didn't know Nash was taking her to the pier and setting up an event tent for the two of them. That, she wouldn't expect.

Nash knew this date would be perfect.

It had to be, he planned everything out perfectly, and he finally got his dream girl to accept his date invite.

**

The week flew by quickly to their surprise, and it was already Saturday.

Addy and Jessica went to Santa Monica beach and set up the whole tent, and decorations. Meanwhile, Nash was a nervous wreck thinking about what would happen if he screwed the date up.

Melina, on the other hand, was calm but scared at the same time that Nash might say something rude to her on their date. Him being kind of an asshole at times at times. But, Melina pushed those thoughts away and continued to get ready.

She put on her favorite romper, which was pink, white, black, and blue floral. Melina never wore rompers, thinking they were sort of ugly, but she came to the conclusion that she didn't want to look underdressed and wear a tank top with shorts, but she also didn't want to look overdressed with a tacky dress, especially if she was going skateboarding.

Melina paired the romper with her absolute favorite shoes - white converse, and put on a light jean jacket in case she got cold. California nights were a little breezy.

She decided to straighten her naturally wavy hair, and then curled it, then creating a half ponytail, and a white bow to pin it back.

With the makeup part, she simply applied mascara, thin eyeliner, slightly winging it out, and regular light pink lipstick.

In other words, Melina looked beautiful.

**

Nash was looking in the mirror, fixing his hair, and looked down at his outfit to make sure everything looked well. Nash never really dressed up, but for this date he put in his best effort to look nice.

He wore a black muscle tee, pairing it with khaki's and of course, his red vans.

Melina's POV

"Today's the day," I whispered to myself, patting out the small wrinkles in my romper. Rompers are ugly in my opinion, but that day, I had no other choice.

I stared hard at my reflection in the mirror, laughing at myself. I never thought I would be going on a date with Nash Grier.

I walked into my bathroom, spraying one spritz of the pleasant smelling perfume I bought at Victoria's Secret recently, and heard a knock.

"Who is it?" I called, thinking it was Jessica or Addy. I began covering my arms in legs in lotion, rubbing it all in.

"Uh," the voice replied. I knew that voice anywhere. "It-it's N-nash," he stuttered.

My stomach began doing flips the moment I heard his voice. A huge smile plastered on my face as I walked to my door. I opened it, and was greeted by a blushing Nash. It was cute, him looking so nervous about this whole thing. I mean, I was too, but he was probably used to it, dating all of those girls all of the time.