t h i r t y _ n i n e : on so many levels

song : she will be loved (a song that always reminded me of noah, julia & neal cause noah and neal, both of them, feel this way about her)

It was a half an hour drive to Neal's apartment at Knightsbridge. For the first few minutes, they didn't talk and the radio was on. Julia looked down at her lap, playing with the satin ribbon wrapped around the small gift box they were passing when Neal and she left. There were four macarons inside and it took her everything not to open the box already.

Beauty queen of only eighteen, she had some trouble with herself,  Adam Levine's voice from the radio blared.

A heavy sigh filled the car interior, causing her to look at Neal who concentrated on driving.

So, she stared. He was mouthing the lyrics, his lips moving slightly as if afraid of getting caught. She smiled, watching him. I don't mind spending every day out on your corner in the pouring rain. Look for the girl with the broken smile, ask her if she wants to stay awhile. She will be loved.

He looked back, his gray eyes dark in the car interior, his face impassive as he changed the station before going back to driving. With a tempting frown, Julia let her eyes dart to the window. A construction site was visible on their left, workers chatting over their cigarettes in the sidewalk. They passed the Embassy of France and approximately five minutes later, they were making our way upstairs to the apartment.

Neal's room, like Julia had said before, was on the other end of the pavilion C, overlooking the Knightsbridge. This could be looked on as a 'trophy home'.

Instead of the ambient light, he turned on the LED lights over the electric fireplace right above a silver tufted wall, giving the room a gloomy effect.

"Should I turn that on?" Neal flicked his eyebrows towards the fireplace as he helped her shrug off her cloak.

"Sure." She moved his hands from her arms slowly, trying to forget how nice they felt. He looked alarmed at her action when he moved away to turn the fireplace on.

"Would you like a drink?"

"Yes, please." Julia let her eyes roam to distract herself. His room smelled a lot like leather and surprisingly glue. On the way to his walk in shower was the sinking boat made of wires sitting on the pool. Tilting her head, Julia observed it. Firefly lights were wrapped around the wires, informing her that the piece glowed.

"Are you okay with Chardonnay?" Neal sauntered in, his jacket discarded to reveal his tattooed arm. Two glasses dangled from his one hand and a familiar bottle of Domaine Leflaive noticeable in his other.

She gave him a nod, fixing her eyes on the boat. "Do these lights work?"

"Yes." He handed her her drink and she immediately took a sip to get rid of the dryness in her throat, watching as he switched the lights on. The room filled with an impressive glow, making her smile.