s i x : to the chapel

song : Sébastien Tellier - La Ritournelle (Mr Dan's Magic Wand Mix)

dedicated to emilyeye . You always leave some unexpectedly beautiful words for my works. Thank you. <3

Those late-night pretzels had been a bad decision

Those late-night pretzels had been a bad decision. So was the spicy bulgogi that Noah absolutely hated. As an athlete, he had to pay attention to what he ate already. He was up there training to become a professional football player. For him, it was okay. But Julia's case was an exceptional one. Before this Summer, whatever she ate went straight to some unidentifiable place. After the holidays, however, she had gained three pounds, a fact that would give her mother Narcissa a panic attack and a chance to say 'I told you so'.

Well, enjoy it while it lasts sweetheart, she used to say. Once you get a fat arse, there's no coming back from that.

Whatever, Mother.

It wasn't as if she hadn't been suffering for it already. She had spent approximately 38 minutes leaving burritos inside her toilet. Not her typical choice of morning ritual. She looked horrible though, only two degrees behind to resemble a fucking koala. She felt the same when she sat on the white upholstered chair, across from her parents with her face glowing from the mandatory morning serums. Her parents were still in their robes from last night, definitely unshowered, smelling of Gitanes and sex.

"What do you mean she can't?!" Nicholas Eden spat into his phone, clutching the Times in his other hand. A violent flush crept up his neck to his roots. "I... Skrein! Find someone, anyone."

Narcissa Eden looked bored beside him, as she tucked a sleek blond strand of hair behind her ear, showing off the Harry Winston diamond studs Nicholas gave her for their last anniversary, along with a few more presents. At Julia's presence, she looked up from her cell phone and fixed her gaze on Julia through her Prada reading glasses.

"Good morning, darling." She leaned back on her chair. "Had fun last night?"

Julia bit her lip to restrain a gasp before casually looking up at Cissy and biting on her toast. Cissy didn't exactly look threatening. A good sign.

"Next time, just take your car. Skrein is a busy man, Julia."

Julia's eyes instinctively darted towards her father who was still on his phone, fortunately not paying attention to their conversation.

"Will do, mum." She offered her mother a grateful smile. "Could you call Headmistress Lewis and ask her if it's okay for me to return home after the assembly? I will collect the schedules and everything."

Cissy reached for her phone perched on the marble, dialled something and waited, a completely opposite reaction to what her father would've done.

"Sally, this is Narcissa Eden. How are you this morning?" A smile flashed across her face, a trick to sound genuinely pleased.