t w e n t y _ s e v e n : never took you for a liar

song : no scrubs - unlike pluto

dedicated to @acheairs. check out her poetry. they are absolutely gorgeous and relatable.

"Yes, a site," Neal sighed, after having spoken about it more than a handful of times

"Yes, a site," Neal sighed, after having spoken about it more than a handful of times. Not only was any chance of help slipping away, but also time was. Watching Julia push her empty soup bowl back, he added urgently, "No, of course, she doesn't approve of it."

A nasty frown emerged on his face while he spun his chopsticks in his soup bowl. "Thank you so much."

He hung up fast, trying to avoid Julia's blue eyes. They were like sapphires, even darker than them, with visible flecks of purple. It was probably the pigmented state exposed to the lights hanging above and makeup that covered her magnolia flower-like skin.

Suddenly reminded, he picked up his phone again and dialled. Julia took the last sip of her mango juice and pushed the glass to her right, instinctively tugging on the collar of her uniform shirt.

Neal was nodding at the phone. "I'm fine, Greg. How are you doing?" A pause. "Thanks, man. You should say that to my father. He'd appreciate it. Listen, uh, Greg, I am calling for a favor."

As he explained the situation, he looked up, his gray eyes piercing through her. Julia had known it for quite some time and there was no point of denying how attractive that boy was. He had the classic romance novel look, with his thick dark hair, sculpted features and eyes as gray as a stormy night sky.

"Do send me the contacts." His lips moved almost sensually, making Julia look away immediately with wild thoughts running over her head. He was putting away his phone when he finally spoke to her in a strangely calm voice, "This is all I can do, Julia."

"You are doing enough," she smiled.

He kept his gaze on her, his gray eyes luminous, contrasted to his baby blue shirt. "Not as much as I wanted to. But I'm curious. Why did you ask for my help?" he murmured, lips close to his glass of juice.

Removing her eyes, Julia furrowed her pale golden eyebrows. "We can't involve an adult. And you're the only adult I know who'd understand."

"Fair enough." He put the glass down, his lips glistening with remaining juice. He licked it off. "But, there are only a few lines I can cross. Besides, do you think Liv would accept my interference?"

Julia frowned even more. "She won't know if I sense any sort of reluctance from her side. I just want the site gone!"

She hadn't realized how loud the last sentence came out until the cute Asian waitress whipped her head at her from where she stood. Neal was looking at her impassively, eyebrows raised.

"I'm sorry," she muttered guiltily.

"Don't be." Neal closed his eyes for a split second as he shook his head, then opened them. "You're just worried about your friend."