parents pt.2

jimin's mouth hung half open. he was completely frozen. even his breath hitched.

his parents, too, stopped. they were much older now but still recognizable. i wrapped my arm protectively around his waist out of reflex.

i've never met his parents before. it's been eleven years yet i never once saw them in person. legally, they couldn't see jimin so it only made sense. they hesitantly walked towards us. what was supposed to happen? what would they say?

a door to our left was opened and jimin's grandmother stepped through. i let out a small sigh of relief.

"minyoung, doyun." chaerin said and bowed slightly, greeting them. jimin's body began to shake. i couldn't tell if he was scared or just nervous. probably a mixture of the two.

"chaerin." the man said, almost biting the name out. neither of them looked particularly happy.

"why-?" jimin spoke in a small, quiet voice, looking up at his grandmother. i worried he would fall into little space. i prayed hard he wouldn't. i knew he wouldn't be happy with it. he tends to get a massive headache when having to force himself out of little space.

his breathing pattern changed, becoming strained and shaky as he stared at the people in front of him.

"sweetie, i invited them here. i wanted them to see what an amazing man you've become- without them." chaerin sad. at first, i wasn't happy with their appearance here, but now i know the motive. it's been over twenty years since jimin has interacted with them and i thought he'd be okay. but, i watched him lock gazes with his father. something in his eyes changed. suddenly he was that seventeen year old boy crying on the bathroom floor of the school again. my heart began to ache.

i turned my attention back to the scene. chaerin and jimin's mother were yelling at each other, chaerin saying she didn't raise her child to be like this, and so on and so forth.

jimin stood, shaking violently under his father's stare. he looked so small- like a frightened puppy.

"that's enough." i spoke, my voice loud and stern enough to catch their attention.

"you two have no business being here- invited or even his parents or not- no reason. this is supposed to be a special, happy day and to see him so frightened of his own parents- and for the last ten what years- sickens me. let's go, jiminie. i don't like this." i grabbed his hand and began pulling him away. we walked into a small, empty room.

"thank you, yoongie." he mumbled and hugged me, "i feel so stupid. i shouldn't be so afraid of them, still."

"it's only normal, honey. don't feel stupid. i'll make today up to you, okay? anything." i muttered into his hair, pulling him closer to me. he nodded.

"i love you, yoongi." he sniffled and i pulled away to dry his tears. even though he was crying he still looked ethereal. i brushed my hand through his hair.

"i love you so much- ah, people might be wondering where we are." i told him and blotted his eyes, "you're so beautiful, i swear."

jimin's face turned red and i smiled, "you're the best thing that's ever happened to me. i know i tell you this all the time but i'll never stop. until they day we die, jimin, i'll always be right here by your side. i have been for like, ten years. what's to stop me now? we're both too guilty-hearted to cheat."

"you're not wrong." he chuckled and stood on his tipie toes to kiss my forehead, "we should go back out now."

"yeah, and then we drop jiya off with my mom..." i said in a sing-songy voice, "and then we're going off for a whole week of just you and i." i grinned suggestively.

"save it- i don't want that right now." he teased and playfully kneed me in the crotch.

"alright, alright. let's go."

▫☁❇☁▫

A/N: I'm s i c k and everything is flopppppppppping. Also, redamancy has like two chapters left so....if you like your emotions played with (you're reading this story so...) I'd suggest popping over to redamancy...*shameless self-promo*