last

"don't cry, don't cry." jimin muttered to himself. i had to bite my lips to keep myself from smiling. i secured my arm around his waist. he's been trying to hold himself back all day. my poor baby gets sensitive when it comes to talking about leaving your childhood behind. he's also terrified but we don't need to talk about that right now.

namjoon continued his speech. his voice cracked even a few times during it. we'd both known since his freshman year he'd be the one giving the speech when we graduate. it's just something that comes with being namjoon.

the bleachers were packed with hundreds of bodies all wearing the same two colors: blue and white. their outfits varied but the colors were all the same.

"you can cry if you need to." i whispered in his ear, chuckling. he shook his head stubbornly.

"no, i told m-myself i wouldn't." he held his hands together tight. i pryed them open and replaced one of his with one of mine.

my arm trailed up his back and to the side of his head. i didn't like seeing him like this. so, i whispered something in his ear and he just broke down. don't worry, what i told him was a good thing.

i ignored the uncomfortable stares we were receiving and rubbed his back. most in my grade know that we are together and some of them care to make a big deal out of it but we've learned to block it out.

it is sad to know that today is my last day of high school. i've been to many different schools in my life but this one is more significant to me. this is where i met the boy that would ultimately change my life forever: i met jimin here.

namjoon finished his speech and the crowd roared while jimin and i just sat silent. my eyes were welling up and i didn't want anyone to see.

i willed myself to hold them back and stood up, pulling jimin with me. i wipped his face clear of tears and he sniffled, shrinking into my side under my arm. i smiled looking down at him. he was feeling particularly little today. this is the first time he's gone to school like that and he was nervous but i assured him nobody would care. it's the last day and we won't have to see most of these people ever again.

the principal announced us as the graduating class of 2018 and everyone cheered. people kissed and hugged and cried. jimin and i just stood still where we were, watching everything around us from the top seat of the bleachers.

later, every one flooded from the bleechers and out into the gym. i spotted hoseok who had been allowed to come back for the last day, and grabbed jimin from the back. it made us walk weird like penguins but i didn't care. the both of us were laughing and happy. i dragged jimin to the hallway.

"they're leaving now, we should go, too?" i asked, grabbing my phone.

"yeah." he nodded and we headed towards the exit.

taehyung and jungkook were meeting us at burger king for some food and then we'd go do our own thing for the night. mostly celebrating our newly acquired freedom to mask the fear of adulthood.

we got into my car which was just given to me by my foster mom. i appreciated that.

taehyung and jungkook were already there.

jimin waved eagerly at the two boys standing at the entrance wating for us. we ordered and took a seat at the back of the restaurant.

"jimin, were you crying?" jungkook asked. jimin nodded, looking down.

"aw, it's okay. taehyung did, too." jungkook laughed.

"wow, thanks, kook." taehyung huffed, embarrassed.

"taehyungie, you're human, crying is normal. it's okay."

our food came and we ate slowly, wanting to waste time since it was still the afternoon. after that, it was just us going out into town for the rest of the night. none of us have any idea what we will be doing. we'll see when we get there.