homophobe

"good morning," i said as jimin rolled over, stretching his arms. i had woken up just a few minutes ago which is surprising. i woke up before my alarm...

"i forg-got we had school t-today." he whined and pouted.

"me too," i rolled out to go use the bathroom and brush my teeth, "do you want me to take you home? but, you can always wear something of mine. i don't mind sharing." i said after spitting out my toothpaste.

"oh, um, o-only if you d-don't mind." he said shyly.

"pick anything you like." i pulled him over to my closet and opened it. i grabbed out a pair of black jeans, a dark blue shirt, and a jacket for myself.

jimin ended up grabbing a pair of pants identical to mine (since those are all i wear so i have multiple) and a soft black hoodie i hadn't worn in years.

"t-this is comfy." he giggled, hugging himself and twisting around.

"you can keep it, i haven't worn it in years."

his eyes lit up, "thank you!"

i grabbed his and my backpacks and dragged them downstairs to the kitchen.

"are you hungry?"

he shook his head no.

"i d-don't generally eat breakfast."

i have to admit that he looked cute in his little outfit. all black. i'm used to seeing him in pastel colors- mainly blue with black jeans. plus, my hoodie was a little big for him and it contrasted with his pink hair nicely.

"you're cute." i said casually, going for my keys next to the door.

he covered his face, "n-no i'm not!" he argued, hitting my arm.

"hey, that's just my opinion!" i defended, getting into the old truck. i personally like it despite what everyone says. it has connected seats, which i like as well.

- - - Two weeks later - - -

"hey." hoseok came up behind me.

"oh, hey."

"why are you hanging around that new kid so much? just a question. i mean, i just hope you're not being mean to him but it's fine if you are, he's kind of...weird." his comment sounded almost childish in nature. like something a fifth grader would say, trying to start drama.

"why would i be mean to him? and he's not 'weird'." i said, automatically getting defensive, "he's a nice kid so of course i'm hanging around him."

"but whyyyy?" hoseok whined in a more childish tone, "you never hang around us anymore."

"i know." i said plainly, not liking his comment about jimin.

"wow, you're cold." he huffed, "are we boring you or something? three years and you'd think we were close."

i sighed. i've found him becoming annoying. he used to be so happy and positive but now all he does is complains about me spending time with jimin.

"oh, that's what you think?"

"plus, i heard he's gay. and what's with that pink hair? of all colors. he needs to tone it down. i'm sure he knows being gay isn't okay (A/N: I laughed so hard writing Hoseok's dialogue), why is he exposing himself? no wonder he's bullied so much, don't you agree?" he said.

"hang on," i nodded slightly. i waved to catch jimin's attention and he came over, looking weary of hoseok.

jimin planted himself next to me. hoseok just looked at him.

"would you repeat what you just said to me? about the gay thing." i asked and hoseok began to speak but was silenced when i put my arm around jimin's shoulders, pulling him closer and kissing the side of his head. he blushed.

hoseok just stared at us, his lips turned down in disgust. i've always known he was homophobic, most of my friends at this school are.

jimin was absent from our first few classes today and i didn't know why but i was glad he was back.

"faggots." hoseok scoffed and walked away. jimin frowned at the comment.

"don't mind him." i dragged jimin away to our next class.