Chapter 45

Camila's POV:

Camila's thoughts and world came crashing down as soon as she finished reading what Carnage had written on the wall.

Her grasp on Lauren's hand became stronger and stronger, as a way to make sure that Lauren's safety wasn't in jeopardy.

However, we all know Lauren's safety is far from jeopardy. Her safety is hanging thin.

"Baby, you know I'm not going anywhere. Carnage won't get what he wants. He won't lay a finger on me, and even less on you." Lauren told Camila through their thoughts.

"As much as I want to believe that, I know he'll do the inevitable to kill you. I can't have that happen or else my existence will be incomplete without you."

Despite trying to keep her cool, Camila's eyes turned into yellow electric sparks. Soon she blasted off to the air and web swung away from the crime scene, wanting some private time with herself and her own thoughts.
_______________________________

11:09 p.m.

Camila was laying down on top of a building's roof, looking at the stars that painted the dark sky.

Ever since leaving Lauren behind, her thoughts were consumed by her worry over her green-eyed girlfriend.

"God fuck why couldn't it be me? Why Lauren?"

"You're not the only one who is worried about her."

Camila turned her head to the right, and saw a black figure approaching her.

Quickly Camila's in a yellow electrochemical energy overtook her entire being, which made her jolt up to her feet and form gigantic electrochemical power in her hands.

Before Venom (Austin) could continue talking, Camila strikes. Her power surge sends Venom to the furthest side of the ceiling.

As fast as lightning, Camila lands a couple of kicks and strikes towards Venom who tries to dodge each of her movements.

Camila hits a kick to Venom's chin, sending him flying to the air. She takes this advantage to launch into the air, and hit Venom with a Superman punch that sends him back to the ceiling's concrete floor.

Camila then landed on top of Venom, and grabbed his neck with her left hand.

"Who are you, and how do you know about Lauren?" Camila asked, as her jaw clenched.

"Camila.. *cough*... let me explain bud"

"HOW do you know my name?" Camila said as she kept strangling Venom.

Venom regained his strength and shoved Camila away from him, sending her to the furthest side of the ceiling.

Venom slowly got up, and the black symbiotes around his face began to clear.

Although it was quite dark, Camila could see who was behind the monstrous figure. It was Austin.

"Austin?" Camila said in disbelief.

"I can explain-"

"Tell me everything." Camila said menacingly.
________________________________

"So let me summarize this: You became Venom as you walked down a dark alley by yourself, and somehow the symbiotes became attracted to you. Then you approached Carnage who is actually Brad, and allied with him as a way to get revenge out of Lauren and I. Then you decided to turn against him, because you realized that revenge isn't the answer to your problems. Now you've come to approach me and propose to ally with each other to stop Carnage?"

"Yup, sounds about right; however, I can't guarantee that I'll be your ally for long as we battle Carnage and whoever he's got as an ally. The power of the symbiotes is too strong for me to control." Austin said.

"If we want to stop Carnage, we need to find another ally. Knowing Brad he will find two other people who can outmatch our strength." Camila suggested.

"That's true, but who could we ask?" Austin asked.

"I think I know someone who could be the best fit for us."
________________________________
One hour later...

Lauren's POV:

After Camila had left her, Lauren decided to go back home. She knew that Camila needed some space and it was best to leave her alone.

Lauren web swung her way back home, but as she approached her house she saw that the backyard had been completely blown off.

Suddenly Lauren grew worried because Aunt Clara was nowhere to be seen.

"Aunt Clara... oh fuck no." Lauren muttered.

Lauren landed on her backyard, and began to walk inside her house.

*BEEP BEEP* *BEEP BEEP*

Lauren approached the wall on her right, where the noise was coming from. She leaned in and put her ear on the wall.

Suddenly the wall exploded, sending Lauren flying towards the staircase.

Lauren's mask now uncovered half of her now bruised and bloodied face.

Lauren looked up and saw a figure approaching her.

"Hello there Spidey, or more like Lauren."

"Who are you? Where is Aunt Clara?" Lauren asked as she coughed out some blood.

"Aunt Clara is in good hands with Carnage. As for who I am... well let's say I'm an old friend of yours."
________________________________

No one's POV:

Camila and Austin swung through the city side by side, trying to quickly get to their destination which was Lauren's house.

Soon enough they were approaching their destination, but instantly saw that the backyard had been blown away in pieces.

"No.." Camila said in disbelief.

Camila swung to the backyard's main tree, and saw that two figures were inside the house. One was laying on the floor, while the other body was kneeling and talking.

The person who was kneeling turned his head slowly towards where Camila was. At this moment, Camila could not believe what she was seeing.

Shawn is the cause for this tragedy.

Shawn is the Green Goblin.
_______________________________
A/N: Surprise my lovely readers, thought you'd seen the last of me? For all your patience and love towards this story, I have rewarded you with this chapter. Finally I've gotten the inspiration to write again, after an ass kicking semester of Senior year. I love you all, thank you so much for your feedback and patience. Also gotta love plot twists (: Love always 🤘❤️