Chapter 8

Next day..

Lauren's POV:

It was Lauren's 4th period in which was gym class. It was her least favorite, it wasn't that she hated it though. She disliked it because she had to see and get bullied around Austin and his pals. This time, the tables would kind of turn (if necessary.)

"Hey Lauren." Austin said getting Lauren's attention.

"What does he want know" Lauren thought to herself.

Lauren got up from the bench she was sitting on and now she stood in front of Austin and his comrades.

"That was not very nice of you to do Jauregui." Austin said maliciously.

"What do you mean?" Lauren asked, confused as fuck.

"Thanks to you and Camila, I got kicked out of the basketball team forever. And for that, I'm going to make you pay."

Austin and his friends soon surrounded Lauren, leaving her with no space to escape and as soon as the 1st guy was about to hit her; her spidey senses reacted, and easily dodged the 1st punch and brought him down with a punch in the gut.

"What the hell?! She just knocked Jason out cold.." one of Austin's friends said.

Everyone was now looking at Lauren in complete shock for such events currently happening in front of their eyes.

Lauren then grabbed her book bag and left towards the locker rooms to avoid any further problems.

"Lauren?"

"What?" Lauren said confused and she turned around to find Camila.

"Camz? What are you doing here?"

"Oh yes I have aid this period so basically I'm free to go anywhere I want around the school. What are you doing here in the locker room though?"

"Nothing I just.. well.. I kind of had a "fight' with Austin-"

"Again?! He doesn't get tired of this, does he?"

"Guess not, anyway he didn't do anything nor did I do anything to him but I kind of hurt his friend and well that attracted enough attention from anyone and I decided to just walk here to avoid everyone." Lauren said.

"Sure Jan that they didn't do anything to you, look at that cut on your cheek!" Camila said worriedly.

"This? Oh no it's nothing-" Lauren said but quickly got cut off by Camila putting some alcohol on a piece of cotton and placed it on Lauren's cheek,  and then she gently brushed the piece of alcohol along Lauren's cut.

"Now let me just get some cream that will help it to ease the wound and in no more than 5 days, it'll look like if you've never gotten that cut." Camila said, looking for the treatment cream.

Finally she found the cream, she poured a little bit of cream on her thumb and she then went to rub her thumb on Lauren's cheek where her cut was located.

Both of them looked up and once again they both got lost in each other's eyes. Lauren lost herself in the chocolate orbs while Camila lost herself in the universe created by Lauren's emerald eyes. Then suddenly both slowly started leaning in, every moment that passed they got closer and closer until stopping when their lips were merely just 2 inches apart.

Who would make the first move? Camila or Lauren?

*RIIIIING* *RIIING*

Both girls jumped away from each other thanks to the bell ringing symbolizing lunch time.

"Well I better go, see you later Camila." Lauren said.

"See you later Lern." Camila said, after Lauren left a sad smile creeped up on her face.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7:00 p.m.

Lauren was now on top of the same building that gave her the famous beautiful view of Miami's beach, currently Lauren was wearing her "vigilante" suit just in case any trouble would come its way. And it sure as hell did.

Down the street of the same building Lauren was located, she could see a group of thugs carrying what looked like a shit load of money.

"These robbers have sure been unleashed these days." Lauren thought.

"Hey you two, get the cargo ready in the truck. The boss wants this as soon as possible." One of the thugs said.

"Well at least you could do the job of helping us you idiot."

"Just shut up and do your job man."

Lauren then web slung to the nearest light pole, just patiently waiting to strike at the right time.

"Four thugs.. Hmm let's see if I can try stealthily taking out 2 guys so that leaves me 2 others to fight."

Lauren then was hanging upside down, holding herself onto the web and she tapped one of the thugs shoulder with her foot.

"What the-"

Quickly she wrapped the thug around the web that she just shot and quickly silenced him up by covering him all up with webs and left the body hanging upside down, inside with a trapped thug.

"One down, one more to go."

She then quietly dropped down and quickly waited for the second thug to come in closer to the van.

*Whistle*

"Huh? Who's there?"

"Bingo."

The guy approached the front of the van where he heard the whistling from, Lauren quickly pulled him from the foot with her web shooters and quickly quieted him up by shooting a web to his mouth and attached him to the van thanks to the strength of the webs.

"Alright, time to make my entrance."

Lauren then crawled up the van, and stood up on the top of the van.

"Shouldn't you guys be watching some Netflix instead of robbing millions of dollars from the bank?" Lauren said.

"Oh I heard about you freak, you're the one who sent our 2 friends to jail." One of the thugs said.

"Oh really? I hope they are enjoying their stay." Lauren said and smirked.

"Let's see when you pay a visit to pain city!"

"You know, I was trying to be nice to you guys. You know we could all have had some Starbucks and talk our differences out but you guys asked for it." Lauren said and then she jumped and fired her web to the car next to one of the thugs and she kicked him right in the chest, sending the thug flying to wards the concrete floor.
Then the second thug threw a punch but Lauren quickly dodged it and threw a ground kick, making the thug fall and hit his back hard on the concrete. The other thug got up and ran towards Lauren but she quickly jumped and dodged it, making the thug once again hit himself towards the van's back door.
"Aw come on! You guys should be some tough ass competition."
Behind Lauren, there was the 2nd thug waiting for her to turn around. Lauren turned around and quickly dodged the knife swing and basically RKO'ed the thug, leaving him out cold and quickly she wrapped him around millions of webs around his body glued to the ground.
The 1st thug still struggled to get up but quickly Lauren punched him hard, knocking him down again and she fired another set of webs that attached to the thug quickly to the van.

"Now think about what you've both done."

Suddenly the cops came by quickly and also surprisingly the press.

"Hey you! Don't move." The police officer said.

"Sorry dude but I've got a curfew to attend to. But hey, I saved you your job time." Lauren said and then she web swung her way back to her house. Leaving both the police and press in shock and confusion of who the individual might be.