Feelings That Will Never Change (Hanbin-IKON)

Maria's POV

"Aish! It's raining...", I whined as water trickled down my forehead. 

I looked at my watch. I sighed. Why is there no taxi? The rain was starting to get heavy and before I know it I am soaking wet. What's worst is that I have no umbrella with me. As I was looking down avoiding the rain from entering my eyes, I heard a car honk which made me look up. 

It's him. 

"Come in. I will send you back.", he said which made my heart palpitate fast.

"Erm, it's fine. I am waiting for someone.", I lied trying to avoid eye contact. 

"Are you sure? It's raining very heavily and I doubt it would stop anytime soon.", he responded. 

I gave it a serious thought and decided to open the passenger's door of his car. I thanked him and immediately look out of the window while resting my head against the seat. This is so awkward although this was my seat in his car last time.

Well, this guy is Kim Hanbin. He is my boss slash ex-boyfriend. We broke up about two months ago. Despite this, I am still his secretary at work. I need to support myself thus it is hard for me to leave my job although my heart hurts every single time I see him. Ever since the breakup, he became cold and avoid unnecessary interaction with me unless if its work-related. Why we broke up? I sighed. It may sound ridiculous but there wasn't any proper reason for the breakup. He was the one who ended the relationship saying that I am not right for him. He said I was annoying and our social status are not on par. He is from the upper class while I am from a poor background who barely meet ends meet.

As I remembered the past, I felt tears at the brim of my eyes. I blinked away hoping that the tears will not come out. Not in front of him, at least. Without knowing, I felt my eyes getting heavy by seconds and fall into deep sleep.

Hanbin POV

"Maria, we are here.", I said fixing my eyes to the front. 

No response. I turned to my right and saw Maria sleeping. I smile a little looking at her cute sleeping face. She looked so haggard. I brought my hand up and I was about to touch her cheek when I stopped and brought my hand back down. This is not right. She is no longer mine.

I decided to bring her in as she is still sleeping and knowing that she is a  heavy sleeper. I went out of the car and open her side of the door followed by carrying her in bridal style. I pressed the doorbell. Yet, no response. I pressed for a few more times. But to no avail. Maybe her parents are asleep. I put her on the ground leaning against the wall, I open her handbag fishing out her house key. I unlocked the door and carried her into her bedroom. It was then I realized that her clothes are soaking wet. Her white shite is soaked such that I can see her maroon bra which made me stare at her body. I mentally slapped myself and change her top. I mean it's not the first time I have seen her body. My eyes fixated on her wrist when I saw many cuts. Some are dried up indicating that they are old but some looks new. I stared at her wrist in shock. I caressed her cuts and gave it a kiss. This is all my fault.

 I pecked her forehead and left her room. My heart pained at what I just saw. On my way out, I saw an altar with a photo frame. It's a photo of Maria's parents. On the right-hand corner of the frame, it wrote 'In Loving Memory of Park Kiyoung and Park Minah'. My jaw dropped in shock. Tears fall out naturally as I close her house door and drive back home feeling so heavy hearted. 

Forgive me, Maria. 

Maria's POV