15 - Visits

Back in the main room people were going over their choreography individually. I saw Nino sat with his script and making notes on it. I smiled and headed over to him. "Hey. How was the rehearsal?"

"It was good, a lot to take in, but really good overall. How was yours?"

"Great. Not much space in the other room. But I'm glad my solos have very little choreography as everything I know I stay still and breathe I just walk around a bit." I let out a small chuckle and felt Nino wrap his arm around me. I naturally shuffled closer and rested my head on his shoulder.

"You're really pretty Becky. You know that right?"

"Well, I'm not going to admit that I'm pretty, but if you say I am, I'm not going to go against it."

"And your really talented and smart and funny and gorgeous." I found myself blushing.

"You are such a flirt." I laughed trying to make light of the conversation.

"But I know you like it though."

"I guess I do. You are kinda cute and incredibly talented yourself." It was then his turn to blush. Lin came in and we both separated as if everything that just happened didn't happen.

"We are going to finish the technical part of today's rehearsal everyone. But we have a surprise for you all if you'd all take a seat and sit, bring your chairs to the centre of the room." We all did so with principles at the front. "Please welcome, the original Broadway cast of In The Heights." Karen, Chris, Mandy, Janet, Andréa, Seth, Robin and Olga came in as well as Javi, Stephanie, Luis and a few other ensemble members. Everyone cheered and clapped for them. I joined in too as I wanted to blend in. "Eliseo, come join us." They all sat on the raised part of the room as we sat in front. "So I'm sure you all know this lot but could our OBC all introduce themselves to our OBRC who can stand up and introduce themselves so you know who is your other half in a way. C-Jack?"

"Hi, I'm Chris Jackson and I played Benny."

"I'm Nino Gomez, it's a pleasure to meet you." Nino stood and waved while I just smiled at him.

"Hi, I'm Mandy. And I originated Nina Rosario. And in case you were wondering, yes, I'm pregnant, and with a little boy, he's my third child." I was so thankful she didn't say her surname so there was less chance in people guessing our connection.

"I'm Becky and I'm playing Nina in the revival." I said quickly, I waved and then sat back down.

"I'm Karen Olivo and I played Vanessa."

"I'm Stephanie and now I'm Vanessa." They both laughed and they went down the line. Once over Lin spoke again.

"So what we are going to do is put you into character groups. So you can ask questions about their time in the show, and anything you really like. So Mandy and Chris, can you go with Nino and Becky." We all stood and headed over to one corner. "Karen, can you go with Stephanie and Tony, then I'll join you. Sonny's and Pete's together. Daniela and Carla's together. And the rest of you if you split into whatever groups. Those of you in particular who understudy a role, talk to Javi and Stephanie." I sat awkwardly with mom, Chris and Nino. I'd already asked lots of questions about Heights to her. How was I meant to do this without giving anything away?