12 - Telling Them

I went home and put my plan into action. I went straight to the recording studio and started playing Breathe on the piano, singing along to it. The door soon opened and my sister walked in and sat beside me. I continued to play and sing, smiling at her every so often.

"You sound beautiful Becky." She said once I finished.

"Well I'd like to hope so if I'm doing this on Broadway right."

"Wait Becky? Did you get Nina? Did you actually?"

"Shhh, yes I did." I gave my sister the tightest squeeze in the world. "Do you wanna help me tell Mommy and Daddy?"

"Yes please." I took her into the art studio and pulled the t-shirt out my bag and the fabric paints.

"So, we are going to write, 'Not only am I the daughter of Nina, I'm her little sister as well.'"

"Awesome." The two of us got to work painting on the t-shirt for Maribelle. The paint dried quickly and she put it on. We were called for dinner and we headed out, smiles on our faces. We sat down together and ate the chicken pie mom had made us, which was delicious. "Mama, May Becky and I be excused from the table. I'm helping her on a painting." Maribelle asked.

"Alright then you two." We stood up and dad stopped us.

"Maribelle? What are you wearing?" My sister turned and I grabbed my phone to record the reaction. "Not only am I the daughter of Nina, I'm her little sister as well." Douglas read aloud, and confused.

"What?" Mandy said, turning from the dishes she was washing.

"Maribelle's top honey. Show your mother baby girl." She did as told and mom started crying as she read it. She looked at me and I nodded. She opened her arms out to me and I walked into them and hugged her tightly.

"Oh Becky. I can't believe it. I'm so proud of you princess. You really are a mini me, my Nina Rosario." She kissed the top of my head and I put my phone down on the table. "My little girl is back on broadway. I'm so proud of you Becky."

"Thank you Mommy." I held her close then hugged dad who was also crying.

"Is it true? Are you playing Nina Rosario on Broadway?"

"It sure is true daddy. Lin called me while I was out having lunch."

"Oh baby girl I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you Daddy." I then had a big hug with all of them resulting in all of us tearing us. I smiled and then we all pulled apart. I then crouched down to my knees, facing mom's bump. "Hey Charlie boy. It's me, your big sister Becky. We are all very excited as I just got cast to play a role in the revival broadway production of in the heights. It's the same role that our mama played in the original production 12 years ago. The cast is a lot younger however. There's also a really cute boy playing Benny. He's sweet, kind, caring and really funny. But that's between you and I, Okay? I love you baby brother and even if I'm not around much because of rehearsals and performances. But just know that I love you so much and that I'm trying my hardest to be the best big sister to you as possible. I love you Charlie."

"And Charlie loves you too Becky. Charlie is so proud and can't wait to watch you perform." Mandy smiled down at me and ran and hand over my head as usual. "You'll be okay sweetheart."

"With all your help, I think I may be okay."