Chapter One: Meeting the Brides and Leaving My Life Behind

Start from the beginning

“Haha, so what’s your name?” Andy Biersack asked when he got ahold of her BVB shirt she bought.

Yes I know all about the Black Veil Brides simply because Tessa never shut up about them.  Of course I naturally seemed to retain this information even though I dubbed it useless.

“T-tt-“

“Her name is Tessa Traverston.” I cut in.

   Andy looked at me for a second and I just gave him a slight wave. He smiled brightly at me and I immediately saw Tessa begin to get weak at the knees. I walked over to where she was and put a hand on her shoulder to ground her. She grinned at me and I rolled my eyes at her before plugging my headphones back in.

   While the rest of the band began to sign the t-shirt I just nonchalantly hung out. It was a pretty nice temperature for out here in Jacksonville. I actually found myself beginning to enjoy hanging around outside until Tessa gripped my arm and shook it like a rabid dog with a new chew toy.

“Ow! Tess what the hell?” I snapped as I grabbed my arm away from her killer grip.

“Andy… question… he…  You!”

I looked over to Andy with an eyebrow raised. What the hell was Tessa talking about now?

“Wow, she’s a bit hyper.” Andy lamented as he messed with his sharpie marker.

I shrugged, “That’s just Tess for you. What did you ask me?”

“I just asked why you’re here. You obviously are upset about something.”

“I was in the middle of filling out college applications when my parents made me drag her here to your guys concert.”

“Oh, sorry about that.”

“What is there for you to be sorry about? It’s not like you knew.”

   He opened his mouth to reply when Tess’s shirt was done. Walking over to Ashley who was the last to sign it, I casually took it from him. He winked at me and I rolled my eyes at him; funny there ladies’ man. As we were walking away I heard Andy call our names. Looking back I reached out my hand in time to catch the backstage passes that he threw at us. Looking at him I nodded and then ushered Tessa forward.

“OH MY GOD! I can’t believe that he gave us backstage passes!” Tessa squealed.

I shrugged, “Here you can have mine too and I’ll just wait for you.”

“Why would I need two passes?”

“I don’t know but I certainly won’t use mine.”

“You have to!”

“Why?”

“Cause Andy gave it to you!”

“Nope, not seeing a reason necessarily.”

“I mean it. You’re going to go back stage with me and that is final.”

   Rolling my eyes at her I just stood there an crossed my arms. Seriously, who was she to tell me what to do? I was older than her and there was no way that I was going to go back stage and meet them. I would just have to find a way to give my backstage pass to some other lucky fan that would want to meet them.

   Walking into the area where there were other war painted fans we found our spots and then waited for the concert to commence.  Sitting down I looked to my right to see a guy grinning at me. He was covered in war paint as well and his clothes were pretty much shredded. Black spikey hair seemed to protrude from the bandana wrapped around his head. All in all; he was freaking creepy.