No Pretty Pictures.

ابدأ من البداية

  Receptionist: Hello, how may I help you?

 Thank God she's not ratchet.

  Lexi: Hi. Is there a Jas'marieé Gutierrez here?

  She typed her name in the computer and her eyebrows furrowed.

  Receptionist: There isn't one here, sorry.

  Prince, what the hell? Always leaving me to be Sherlock. I tapped my seafoam green nails on the surface. What name could she possibly be under?

  Lexi: Try Cadyn. C-A-D-Y-N.

  She obliged and typed the name into the computer.

  Receptionist: Yes! Last name Ventura?

  I shrugged and she took it as a yes.

  Receptionist: Room 202.

  I nodded, making my way to her room — well, the second floor waiting room. A tall doctor came out.

  Doctor Malcolm: Cadyn Ventura's family?

  I stood up, rushing to him.

  Lexi: How is she, Doc?

  Doctor Malcolm: She's fine. She just went through a traumatic shock, which is a tell-tale sign of Post-Traumatic stress. Other than that, she had a few minor cuts and bruises.

  Lexi: So she'll be alright?

  Doctor Malcolm: Indeed, but she might have a whole other situation to deal with.

  Lexi: Like?

  Doctor Malcolm: She's pregnant.

  Holy crap. She's pregnant? Did Prince get in her pants already?

  Lexi: How far along is she?

  Doctor Malcolm: Actually, in a few more days, she'll be a month in. The—

  I did the math in my head as he spoke. One month...Prince has only been here for three weeks. She does have a boyfriend. Oop. That's not Princeton's baby! Man, he's going to be crushed.

  Doctor Malcolm: Ummm....

  Lexi: Yes. Sorry. Is she able to leave?

  Doctor Malcolm: Yes. I just suggest she get some rest and consider a therapist.

  I nodded and I followed him to her room. She was sound asleep. I whispered to the doctor.

  Lexi: Does she know about her pregnancy and possible PTSD?

  Doctor Malcolm: Not yet. I was hoping she would wake up so I could tell her.