Final Chapter: The One That Stood Out

"Bet."

Cards laid flat on the table and smoke intoxicating the space they were placing bets on. The atmosphere drier with every puff, smoke rose into the air engulfing the tiffany light above the poker table. It felt like a damn hookah bar but, with all the look of a mob den.

"You know its funny Reyes, I don't think i've ever seen you smile before!" Mccree kicked back in his chair with a lit cigarette in between two fingers and his cards in the other hand.

"I don't smile because you're not funny enough, your mug doesn't do it for me anymore." Laughs could be heard from round the table from the players as Mccree frowned tossing more poker chips into the large pile.

"Ha, ha very funny. Call."

"So, how's it coming along with the recruitment process Reyes?"

"Don't know, haven't started it yet. It's a huge pain in my ass." Tossing in more chips to up the ante. It ate away at Gabriel thinking about sitting on his ass doing something that he despised. He wasn't even sure if anyone good would show up on the roster.

Probably nobody special.

"That is apart your job description you know, sitting down at a desk for a majority of the day recruiting new soldiers. Being bored is what you do best." Morrison's nonchalant back talk slowly crawled up Gabriel's spine, ending up smacking him in the face and Gabriel wanted nothing to do with it.

"Tch" Gabriel bared the side of his teeth at the snide remark. It was already bullshit he had to play texas holdem' with this blonde haired 'know it all', now he has to deal with more of his crap. Mccree's outburst of laughter caused the commander to slump deeper into his attitude.

"Come now, no need to say such things. Gabriel is the commander of Blackwatch, he can start the process when it's needed on his time." Eyeing her cards sanguinely, Ana remained calm and collected. Her poker face unmovable, taking a quick peak at Reyes who was silently giving her praise for getting on Jack's ass.

Gabriel was already getting enough shit as it was.

"Yes, it is your call." Jack retracting his previous comment, his focus was now back to strategizing his hand rather than heckling Reyes on the things he does in his job. His attention now directed on the hostile move Mccree had played towards the commander. "You're really calling my bluff lieutenant?" Morrison put his front foot forward trying to use sarcastic sass to tempt him to withdraw his judgment.

"I know a faker when I see one commander and I don't think you've got a hand strong enough to beat mine; Full house." Laid out on the table along with his egotistical attitude, Mccree set three kings and two two's in front of the group. He leaned back in his chair wearing a smile that reeked of self indulgance and arrogance. Feeling as if the hand was in the bag, he picked up the bottle of his favorite bourbon by the neck and  hovered it in fromt of his lips. "Like I said commander, you don't gotta' hand strong enough to beat me" Hastily running a stream of the alcohol into his mouth feeling it flow quickly into his throat, he heard something that made him regret his rushed drinking.

"4 of a kind."

4 of a what now.

Mccree's eyes widened choking on the burning alcohol running down his throat.

*Cough!*

*Cough!*

*Cou-Ho-! Cough!*