Second to Final Chapter: The One That Stayed Behind

"G-Gabe." Your heart rate at the peak of its beating, couldn't get any faster. Struggling to reach your hand to the pistol resting on the table, Gabriel felt waves of nervousness suddenly surge through his body. With each passing second, they had grown stronger as he watched your fingers get closer to the handle until he mentally snapped in realization. He guessed he never really processed "your turn", until it was. His breathing seemed like it would never slow down starting to internally panic more for your life than his.

"(Y-Y/n)..."

Your eyes seemed traumitized on the pistol, as your hand shakingly crept towards the handle. Chills now surging down your arm, causing your hairs to stand on their ends. In your mind everything seemed so much slower, you couldn't tell if it was real life passing by or your own imagination that was causing things to slow down.

"Pick it up!" The woman quickly grunted in your ear making you subtley jolt in your seat, feeling your eyelids tense and clench tight before they softened and trembled to open back up. Your hopless glance, moved to Reyes for a moment before your hand hovered over the handle. Seeing her yell at you, you thought he was going to absolutely lose his shit. His anger rose to his bloodshot eyes, his mouth struggling to hide his hatred filled scowl. Out of his peripheral, things had changed when he heard the sound of the barrel's tip 'click' and scrape the metal table as it was being lifted up by a weak grip.

The switch of tense and encumbered movement that had strained Reyes within the moment, had made time itself stand still along with everyone else besides you. The deafening quietness of the room, in the space felt as if they were in a vacuum, correlating to the emptiness Reyes was beginning to feel in his eyes and heart. The feeling of helplessness beginning to strip away every inside presence of strength within his emotions. He felt not only bound to the chains of the chair but, bound to the very idea of restraint within his head as he witnessed your trembling hand raising the gun unpleasantly slow to your temple. It left him completely and utterly hopeless.

Taking another deep gulp, he could feel his breathing getting heavier in his lungs, the air beginning to feel so suffocating. Your eyes felt locked to the space behind Reyes's head, unable to fully fathom what was happening.

You never thought you could feel something so intoxicatingly horrific.

"Oh God (Y/N), please...." Reyes pleaded with a trembling voice as if it was your choice to put the weapon in your hand, wanting so badly to get you out of here.

The end of the barrel now reaching its steady pace to your temple, the gun felt heavier than usual due to your weakened heart. The cold stares of the talon members in the room were on you as the chilling end of the barrel finally reached your temple.

In that moment, Gabriel reached his limit and lost his mentality trying his hardest to break free from the restraints of the chair. His wrists and arms beginning to bleed from the struggle but, he didn't even have the care to notice. A wide mouth scowl glared from Gabriel showing his pressed teeth looking as if they were about to crack from sheer pressure and audible restless grunts was all he could do. A member of the Talon group had the chance to walk over and shut him up with force to the back of his head from his weapon.

"Gah!"

"Gabriel!"

"Shut it!"

Gabriel's eyes beaming with fury was shot in the direction at the member looking at him with a hidden sense of disgusting delight.

"Spin it." The woman muttered.

Oh right....how could you forget?

As your hand lowered again to brush the side of the barrel for the entree before the meal for these insatiable animals.