Chapter 14: Playing Dirty

Sorry it took me so long! It's a very long and detailed chapter lol.

...And a little naughty ;)

Enjoy!

///

"Well I'll be damned son, I didn't think you had it in ya'!"

The Lieutenant began as he walked up the stairs and onto the podium with a smirk grazed across his face. You didn't think you had it in you either well,- until you began to get more confident that was. Having a subtle warm smile, your eyes shined in his direction as he got closer.

It was a little hard to hear over the crowd being a little to loud, hearing 'Hoorah's!', and a lot of proud whistles sounding in your direction.

"Thank you, sir." Your voice still a little shook from the event watching his person stop in front of you. His eyes lit and astonished, he was honestly proud of what he had seen along with Lieutenant Shimada as he too made his way up the stairs with patience behind the cowboy, giving a slight head nod. Even though it didn't seem like much with just his blood red eyes showing but, the lieutenant didn't seem like he wanted to trip you again so, theres a compliment right there within itself. Mccree now akimboing his arms to the side, was never the one to compliement privates on the daily but,- you were the exception today.

"You did mighty fine, private."

You had to give yourself props, flashing a small smirk and head nod to the lieutenant. If you honestly didn't think on your feet, you probably wouldn't be standing on them now from Yates beating your ass. Well, to be honest, when do you ever not think on your feet?

But, speaking of 'All broad and no brain'.

In the same moment, both of the soldiers had the notion to check on Yates, who was just now struggling to get back up, his head spinning in pain and confusion. Hmph, you could've sworn you knocked his lights out. Feeling your face scrunch a bit with your unsatisfactory towards him not being passed out, you glared at him through your peripherals as your head gently started to turn back towards the cowboy. The environment changed around you taking notice of the lieutenant now making his way towards the center of the stage, facing the cheering crowd.

Geez, you felt like they would never calm down, well at least, until Mccree had stepped in with his arms and hands raised in the air wanting the crowd to calm down. With Lieutennt Shimada still standing in the same position in front of you, you both glanced at Mccree with high, unmoving postures. "Alright folks, settle down. I know that was one for the books but, he still isn't done.-"

Right, time to face the next challenger. He couldn't have been harder than bird brains over there who at last, managed throw his legs over the side of the podium sitting on the edge with a wobbly demeanor, before practically falling again onto the floor trying to carefully get to solid ground. Boy, wasn't he sent for a loop,- that raised your spirits up tenfold for sure. Radiating your hype beneath the skin, you smiled at your bravery and confidence. You couldn't have been any happier and more proud at what you've accomplished. Whoever this next opponent was wasn't,- nor couldn't be as strong as Yates. So, Hopefully It was gonna be easy,-

Right?

"-So, Private (Y/n), Your next opponent will be-"

"Me."

Oh no.

Every head in the room turning with yours being the last, you felt chills running down your spine hearing that voice every single time. Your eyes lifting and your heart feeling like its about to thump out of your chest, that same face that once stood in the closed off balcony high above the arena,- was now strutting towards the mat with his hands clenched and down to his sides, hips swaying with intent, and his eyes that seemed like they were out for blood.