Chapter 16: Something Hiding Behind Those Eyes

THIS WILL GET DARK.
IF YOU ARE TRIGGERED BY POST TRAUMATIC STRESS, I ADVICE READING CAUTIOUSLY.

Enjoy!

///

"This is where I'll be training you for the last semester. I'm sure you're familiar with it from previous events."

With Gabriels broadened back turned your direction, his voice sounded a bit nonchilant yet, carefully judgemental as he pondered the room around him, making sure everything was according to his standards.

Yup, the same room you watched him beat up a defenseless standing bag, completely shirtless, sweat running down the creases of his ripped muscles and bulging viens. It was exactly how you remembered it,- now feeling a bit embarrassed knowing exactly what he was talking about. He must've seen you running out of the frame of the door. Your flushed cheeks and wondering eyes didn't give you any justice at trying to seem normal and unfazed by his words. It only made your soldier posture even more restricted and nervous, thinking about it further. So, you just kept quiet and waited for him to speak up again.

Funny, in his mind he was expecting some sort of jittery answer out of nervousness, trying to make you squeal under the verbal pressure. He just wanted to see you speechless for the most part, he thought it would be cute.

But, what he had gotten was so much better in his eyes.

Peering over his shoulder with a confused eye, he continued his motion and turned around to see what you were up to behind him.

'Ah,- fuck.'

The way you appeared was killer. Blushing cheeks while you kept a straight soldier face was making that same damn feeling he once hated, bubble up in his stomach. His eyes searching deep into yours, only finding more judgement and humiliation. You were an internal wreck standing in front of him, and you didn't do a swell job of hiding it.

And he was loving every damn second of it.

His eyes had softened and his mouth creased his cheeks a bit, eyeing the mentally unstable display in front of him as he gave a measly chuckle. Something by the way you looked, told him that you were just a helpless little boy with something to hide behind those gentle (e/c) eyes.

"At ease soldier. If we are going to be spending day in and day out in here together, than we might as well get comfortable."

You couldn't tell if that had made your anxiety worse or better, over all you felt horridly confused with words or anything resembling a proper thought. Internally, you were a tragic car wreck that oughta be mentioned on the 5 o'clock news. Outwardly, you did your best to act like a normal person in an everyday situation. You did your best to suppress these unwanted puzzles scattered inside your brain and just try to see him as just your everyday commander.

But, by the way he was gazing at you.

That was gonna' be harder than you originally thought.

Letting yourself drop from your stance and breathe for a moment you released a pent up burst of air from your lips. Feeling all of your inhibitions dissipate through the escape of your breath, your mouth felt a little bit more feather-like lifting into a benevolent smirk. Nodding your head, you tried to let go of all of your worries and just focused on trying to improve.

Your eyes trailed the commanders form as he strolled his way to his bench in the corner keeping an abiding almost flirtatious eye on your still nature with his mouth smirked. His hips swayed and gained a bit more pace and intent, letting the sound of his boots 'clack' the ground beneath him. He loved seeing that cute expression you gave, even if it was just for a moment and for the genuine first time.