Three's a Problem Part I

Caith sighed as she laid in her bed. Turns out, while she and Merrick were in the Frontier lands, there was a bowling Org running around that Max had to face up to.

And that was last week.

"You okay?" Merrick glanced at her from where he was looking at one of Caith's hunting books she let him have, on his bed.

Caith shrugged, "I don't know... I just... I don't know..."

Merrick moved over to her, worry clear in his features, which was another thing the Hunter couldn't grasp the reason behind.

They'd been mad at each other, and then suddenly Merrick was trying to be a Prince Charming or something else gross.

"Alright, I'll bite!" Caith couldn't take it anymore, "What's up with you?"

Merrick frowned, a look of hurt crossing his face. He knew exactly why he was worried. The full moon was coming up... and he both wanted to see if she was still normal, and he wanted to make sure she didn't almost die like that again.

"...I've just... been worried." Was the best he could come up with.

Caith rolled her eyes and sat up, "Look, Merrick... you don't have to keep treating me like I'm a little kid. I'm fine."

"And I'm glad you are." Merrick assured, "I'm just... I think that.... I'm just worried about you."

Caith sighed, "Alright..."

Merrick smiled to himself. Least she bought it... for now.

A knock on their door got their attention. "Come in."

Willie opened it, and smiled softly when he saw Caith sitting up, "Hey... you feeling better?"

Caith bit back her initial retort and nodded, "Yeah."

Willie nodded back, "Good... uh... Merrick, there's a girl in white asking for you in the front."

Caith's eyes slowly widened, Merrick's too.

"I'll be right there." Merrick assured before rushed out, leaving Caith behind.

She sighed and followed slowly after him.

Don't get her wrong, she really cared about the Princess, but... ever since she gave that advice to Merrick last week... he'd been taking it literally, and trying everything he could to get back in Shayla's good graces.

Caith saw them talking and sighed softly.

What was she thinking?

Merrick cared for the princess more than anyone... and there was no way the princess didn't feel the same.

Even if she thought about Merrick a lot, not that it was her fault, she's still trying to be his friend, that doesn't change the fact that Shayla was a princess way better than a lowly Hunter like herself.

Caith turned away, and was about to walk back to the room when Merrick called out, "Hey Faith! Wanna play a game?"

Caith glanced back at him and saw Shayla standing at his side. "Uh... nah, I think I'll pass this time."

Merrick frowned before he nodded softly, "Oh... okay."

The demigod nodded back before she walked into their room and locked the door behind her before going into the bathroom and splashing her face with cold water.

"Get ahold of yourself Singer!" She snapped to herself.

A hunter like her, someone with so much blood and darkness on her hands, and a Protector of royalty like Merrick?... To hell with the thought.