Power Play

"Merrick... can you stop walking for five fudgin' seconds?!" Caith grunted as they kept walking, but Merrick didn't reply. "Merrick?" She waved her hand in front of his face, "Earth to Merrick!"

He shook his head and glared at her, "Really?"

Caith smirked softly, "Sorry... you didn't answer when I asked-"

"If we could stop?" Merrick guessed, "Faith, you've been asking for the last hour, ever since you came back with your bag of things."

The hunter huffed, "I resent that!"

They finally stopped when Caith saw an old looking diner.

"Sweet!" She called out, before she took Merrick's hand, and started leading him to the entrance.

Merrick's eyes went wide and grunted in surprise by her sudden strength, but didn't say anything.

They stopped by the door, and he opened it, dropping her hand, they both stepped inside.

They looked around and Caith noticed a pool table with all things needed for said game in a corner.

They walked over to it, and each grabbed a pool stick.

Caith was about to grab the balls, when Merrick put a hand on her shoulder, "What?"

"I won't need those." He smirked softly before he put his three crystals down, and Caith's eyes widened.

"Merrick!" She hissed, spotting a worker. Of course, the new ranger didn't listen, or notice.

He readied the cue stick, and hit them all in the pockets.

Caith scuffed and rolled her eyes, "Lucky shot."

"That... that was not luck." Merrick stood back up, smirking still.

"It was a lucky shot." Caith reasoned before she set up three balls for herself, "Watch..." She readied her cue stick and easily shot the three into three other pockets.

"How do you...?"

Caith laughed, "My God-Uncles hassle pool all the time... and I spent all my time with them."

Merrick chuckled softly at her, "No way..."

"Hey, we had to make money somehow." Caith shrugged, "Huntin' doesn't exactly pay bills."

Merrick rolled his eyes, "I can't believe it..."

The door opened, and they looked to see other's, clearly bikers, walking in.

Caith was about to wave them off when she recognized two of them and had to bite her lip to keep herself silent.

It was Walt and Roy... the two guys that killed Dean, Sam, Luke and her, and had them go to Heaven.... Or as she remembers it... one of the top ten worst damn days of her life.

The bikers and two hunters split up, some going to the counter, the others to a jukebox.

Merrick was clearly shocked by their clothes, but Caith couldn't stop staring at Roy and Walt... they looked so innocent... but she could see their gun holsters, even if anyone else couldn't, thanks to her boar eyes... so they were Hunters even this far back... huh.

"Hey! This piece of junk is broken!" One of the bikers called out, getting their attention, "I can't hear any music!"

"I told you before if you want something you have to pay for it!" The worker replied.

Merrick rolled his eyes and started getting his crystals out to go again.

Caith, on the other hand, couldn't help but get angry with the man who was drinking one of the cans, as he leaned over and growled, "I'm too thirsty to pay."