A Lonely Way part III

“Come on! Come on!”

‘Merrick, you’ve tried nine times already… they’re not gonna answer a tenth.’

“Come on!”

‘Dude, give it a rest.’

“Argh!” Merrick took the phone from his ear and threw it into his bed.

‘Told you so.’ Caith got off her bed and trotted up to him. It’s only been a few hours since her fake disappeared, but, so long as the sun was up, she wasn’t gonna give up the small hope they had.

“If Cole or the others find that fake and think it’s you….” Merrick fell onto his bed, and Caith jumped up beside him.

‘I know… but Merrick? I know we’ll get my body back… and beat the God damn hell out of that bitch.’ The Wereboar rubbed against his side, ‘And as long as I’m breathing… whether it’s through a snout or not… I’m not gonna give up…. And neither should you.’

“Why can’t I give up?” Merrick questioned her, “If they find the other you…”

‘And what? Turn them against me and you?’ Caith figured, ‘Merrick, come on… I know that’s a likely thing… but they’d figure out the truth. I’m sure of it.’

“Why are you so positive?” Merrick looked at her, “If we don’t get you back by sundown tonight...”

‘I know… but, come on… one of us has to be the optimistic one.’ Caith nudged his side, and he let out a soft laugh.

“True… alright… what would this light try to do?” Merrick inquired, “If we can figure that out, we can map out it’s next move.”

‘It’d try it’s hardest to act like me, but try it’s hardest to swivel in lies to start the whole hating us thing.’ Caith answered.

“Alright…. it’s mid-day so...”

‘I’d be going to that taco truck close to the plaza to grab some grub to fill my grill.’ Caith informed him.

“Huh?”

‘I’d be getting a bite to eat… I’m always hungry for some meat after a fight like I’m sure you and her had.’ Caith rephrased, and probably would’ve rolled her eyes if she could.

Merrick nodded “Okay…” He grunted as he got up, and Caith did the same next to him. “Let’s go.” Figuring Caith was about to comment about it he added, “Yes I heard it.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The two headed for the plaza, Caith being as secretive as she possibly could.

By that… she was walking a close distance behind Merrick, mumbling some words in Latin to keep her hidden from anyone else’s sight.

Caith eye would’ve twitched when she saw her fake laughing with the other Rangers.

“So… let me get this straight… you pranked… your own boyfriend?” Max was smiling, and Caith wanted to roll her eyes, that ‘prank’ was actually a way to kill him to destroy his Void form.

“Yep.” The Fake nodded, smirking.

“Hey.” Merrick sat beside them apprehensively, and Caith slowly moved to a spot they all could see her when she let them “Uh… how’s everything?”

“It’s been well.” They nodded.

“Great.” The Fake smiled gently at him, clearly to keep up appearance.