The Lone Wolf

"I found his scent!" Caith lied as she got up to them, "Come on..."

She led them to where she saw her first friend of this time, and they followed.

"Merrick!" They all got to his side, and tried to shake him as Caith propped him up on her knees.

"Merrick..." Caith shook him, "Merrick!... Merrick!"

Said boy's face contorted in pain for a moment, before he opened his eyes and saw the team.

Everyone let out soft breaths of relief.

"Are you okay?" Cole asked, and Caith gave him a hard look.

That's a stupid question if she ever.... Well... it's in the top ten.

Merrick pulled out of her grip, and got to his feet, the others doing the same.

"We're so glad you're alive." Alyssa smiled.

"The curse is broken." Danny informed him.

Cole smiled and nodded in agreement, before sobering up as he looked at Merrick, and held out a hand, "Welcome back." Merrick looked at his hand, then his face. "I'm Cole."

"I don't understand." Merrick frowned, "After.. all I've done to you, how can you forgive me so easily?"

"It wasn't your fault." Caith reminded him.

"It was the Wolf Mask." Danny agreed.

Taylor stepped up, and pushed Cole's hand down a bit, and put a hand on top of it.

"Now you can help us fight the Orgs... we can work together. I'm Taylor."

Max put his hand on top of theirs, "Welcome to the 21st century. I'm Max, the Surging Shark."

"Hey," Danny put his hand on theirs next, "I'm Danny. The Iron Bison."

"I'm Alyssa. There's so much we can learn from you." Alyssa put her hand on theirs next.

Caith put hers on top, "You know me. It's Caith."

Merrick looked at their hands before he looked at his gloved one.

He looked at the team, who were all nodding for him to put his hand down.

He was about to put his on top before he pulled it away, "I tried to destroy you." Caith tried to keep her hand from changing as Merrick looked at his hand. "My hand isn't fit to touch yours."

With that, he rushed away.

Caith groaned as they dropped their hands, before she looked at them, "I'll... go... try to talk some sense..."

"Go." They nodded.

Caith nodded back before she hurried off in the direction Merrick had gone. "MERRICK!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Caith chased him to a cliff by some water.

"Oh... dear God you're fast!" She grunted as she leaned her hands on her knees, trying to catch her breath from all the running.

"You shouldn't have followed." Merrick informed her.

Caith scuffed as she slowly stood back up, "I'm not a cowered. I don't run when my friends need me... and yeah, wolf boy, you do."

Merrick shook his head, "I don't deserve-"

"Cut the crap." Caith rolled her eyes, "You do. It wasn't you who attacked us. It wasn't you who was trapped away. It was Zen-Aku."

"And I had caused him to come out!"