Repressing Hope

Merrick stared at the empty side of the room.

No posters, no sheets of lore, no books, no... nothing.

"Merrick..." Princess Shayla stepped into the room, "Willie let me in..." She followed his line of sight, "Caith's side of the room?"

"Was." Merrick whispered, his hands balling into fist, "It was her side of the room... she left!"

Princess Shayla took his hand, "Is everything okay?"

Merrick took a deep breath, "Honestly? No."

"She made her own choice, for her own reasons." Princess Shayla noted.

Merrick looked at their hands and slowly pulled away, "Princess?... May I ask why you're here?"

Shayla sighed, "Animus had shown me your eyes... I was worried."

Merrick looked at his feet. "I'm fine, though..."

"Are you sure?" Princess Shayla frowned.

"Yes." Merrick nodded softly, even though he was completely lying.

===========================================================================

 Caith looked at some delicious looking sandwiches in a diner close to the Motel she was still staying at in Glendale, Arizona.

"Will you please order?" A man behind her grunted.

Caith rolled her eyes before ordering, "Fine. I'll take the triple decker jawbreaker BLT, but instead of the lettuce, can I have more bacon?"

"Sure can do." The worker smiled before giving her a number, "It'll be right out."

Caith nodded and sat down at a seat close to the window.

She sighed softly as she looked out it before she felt someone sit across from her, "Sorry, but... that spots being taken by my last remaining self-respect."

"Well... there's no other spot." The man from behind her retorted.

Caith glared at him and took to note his blond and brown hair and red jacket.

She rolled her eyes, "Got a name?"

"Oh... Andros." He held out a hand.

"Caith. Caith Singer." Caith shook it.

They dropped their hands as their food came over. "Thanks."

The two started to eat, moaning in pleasure when they took their first bites of their food.

"This is so good!" The chorused with full mouths. They looked at each other, quickly swallowed their bites and pursed their lips a bit. "Sorry..."

"So... Caith... how old are you?" Andros questioned.

"Well... someone grew up without the 'A gentlemen never asks, a Lady never tells'." Caith joked.

Andros blinked, "Oh... you're joking..."

"Yeah.... Yeesh, what century are you from?" Caith questioned, only half joking this time.

"The 20th." Andros caught on.

Caith chuckled, "Now you've caught on."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Merrick sighed as he looked at his phone. Still nothing from Caith.

It's almost been 3 days since she just left him.