Wanna explore?

August 8. Dear diary,

I really like Khendra. She's being nice to me. She's cooking special things for me and even game me a small cup of coffee. I wish I could go out with her. OMG! I had the best idea. What if I leave with her? It would be so much fun. She's cool and knows how to survive, and I, know how to survive so we'd make a great time. I gotta ask dad. At least for a 1 day  exploration. I'll go ask! HE SAID YEEEEES! We'll go once I get out of "quarantine". Sadly I can't take you with me. We'll be out there for a day, maybe 2. It's lunch time. I'll be back soon I don't wanna make a mess all over you.

I'm back. I may not have messed you up but my sleeping bag. I'm gonna ask dad to clean it up. I'm sure he will. I hope he brings it back today cause it's the only thing in the room besides my backpack and me. In my backpack I have 2 clothes changes, some instant soon and my pencil case. My pencil case had only 3 pens but when we got here I found a desk full of pens and pencils and sheets of paper. I didn't say anything to anyone. Not even to you. I kinda forgot... but it doesn't matter I remembered.

I'm bored. I'll ask for cards to play solitary at least. I could play a lot of stuff. I could make those houses people make on the movies with cards. We don't have that many. F that I'll try it anyways. I'll have my own small pyramid of cards. It'll be fun. Well fun cause I haven't done anything fun since yesterday.

Daddy brought me the cards and took my sleeping bag. I call her Martha or Marta. I can't remember. He'll clean it up as fast as he can he said but I'll probably sleep with a blanket that Mary made. Her blankets are actually pretty warm and yes I found out that her name is Mary.

Caleb just came and told me that it was just a casual fever. He took mY temperature again and I'm ok. He did it like 10 times. I'll be out of this ugly empty room tomorrow. It's the worst room. That's why anyone is using it except the sick girl. It's painted on this light brown color that looks like poop. And the floor's got this big stain of the same painting. I guess someone messed up and fell.

I wanted to sleep but I couldn't so I'm using a candle to write. I don't know what to write about. It's been pretty calmed lately. Like we finally found peace. We're trying to save lives. I hope we find a lot of people out there but not more than five. We might be strong women but five people could kill us in seconds. However we're trying to save the ones that are suffering out there. Not the ones that have a place. Those, we'll leave them were they are. We don't want any trouble or supplies requests or anything like that.

Grandma left me a note today. I just found out. She's so nice. She told me that the garden is ok and that she found in the underground a compost bag that she'll use on the crops. These is like quality compost she said. I don't know if there's bad compost and good but she's reading that book, right? So she must know about compost and stuff. So this time the crops might be better.

Daddy opened the door. Wait. Awww he let me out and I'm about to sleep in a clean sleeping bag. Isn't that cute. He loves me. We're all sleeping in the same room. With we I mean we as a family. Dad, grandma, Lucas and I. We have a few candles to "warm us up" but it doesn't seem to work.

It's really late. It's like 11 PM. I might wanna sleep so I'll just go and say bye. Bye. Wait. I'm going tomorrow to explore with Khendra. Omg I didn't thought about it till now. Thanks dad. Now, I gotta go. Bye