Expeditions

July 9. Dear diary,

Today we chose the groups for the expeditions. Dante, my dad and Haiden left today and they'll come back in about 3 days. If they don't we have to send a group to look for them but I'm sure that they'll be back soon. We made a list with things we need. We asked for food and water as the most important thing. Then we asked for things that we don't need but want. I asked dad for some pens and pencils to keep writing on you. I should've asked for more sheets of paper because I already wrote in about 40 pages and you've got like 150. I'll ask the next group.

They left at 8 AM because that way they'll have a lot of time of sunlight to look for supplies. They took with them a lighter to set a bonfire but they probably won't because it's really dangerous, people can see you that way.

After they left I asked Marcus how his knee was. -Sweety it's fantastic, look at it, I can almost move it!- he said but he doesn't believe that, his expression said so. Poor Marcus. I mean he got shot in the knee and now he can't walk.

Noah taught me how to play "poker". It's kinda difficult but he said that I'll get better with practice. Then we got bored and played chess but it was boring too. We already know our strategies.

Then, at dinner time we had something that looked like noodles but tasted like crap. Grandma made it today. I found out that Alicia and Lucas weren't at dinner. They were probably hidding somewhere or kissing.

After dinner some people stayed telling stories around the bonfire but I'm kinda tired so when I finish this paragraph I'll inmediatly fall asleep.

July 10. Dear diary,

Today we declared the expansion official! All of us worked together to make the campment bigger. Carol, Brooke, Noah and I decored a bit while the others were destroying the wall that was blocking the expansion. Brooke had a beautiful braid today, she smelled like roses again and we laughed almost all day long. She gives me a weird feeling like my heart stops but then it goes faster and I feel things in my stomach.

Let me describe you the campment: from the outside you can see a fence that's about 9 feets tall and there's a door in the middle. Once you're in you can see the bonfire and chairs around it. Behind the bonfire is Last Nun. If you look next standing in front of the door you'll see the garden and on the right you've got 3 tents and a few sleeping bags on the front.

Before dinner I asked grandma to cut my hair. Grandma chopped about 2 inches so I have something like a bob but without bangs and a bit longer on the front. Now my hair is jawline length but because I have like waves it's not like glued to my jawline. I love it. I wasn't rapunzel but my hair was about shoulder length. I liked it but now I feel more comfortable.

Today no one ate because we're too short on supplies and the expedition group is supposed to come back tomorrow. I wanna eat something like pasta! I mean real food. Not what we eat. I miss eating pizza and going to the cinema. I even miss going to school but I guess that most of my classmates are dead.

Now I'm writing this next to the bonfire. Carol's in front of me with her husband and daughter. I'm falling asleep so I'll go to bed, bye.