Surprise

July 1. Dear diary,

You won't be able to imagine everything I've been through these days. On the night of June 29th  I was writing on you and I heard a gunshot so I turned off the bonfire and Ieft the house. Marcus got shot on his left knee! This guy tied us all up threatening us on killing Marcus. -I'LL FUCKING KILL HIM IF YOU DON'T TELL ME WHERE YOUR SUPPLIES ARE- he yelled so we told him.

We spent all night long tied up. I couldn't stop crying in my dad's shoulder. Suddenly we heard another gunshot and saw the bandit die. It was a group of 12 people. They released us but we had to promise to let them stay with us. -The city is too dangerous- said their leader. They're sleeping in sleeping bags inside Last Nun with us. I hope they're good people

July 2, Dear diary,

I'm starting to get along with this guy called Noah that came with the group. He's 13 too but he's 2 months older than me. He has a backpack with a lot of food and clothes. He gave me a shirt. -Hey I noticed that your Grandma is "trying" to fix your shirt. I've got this shirt that's too small and it might fit you. Would you like it?- Noah said looking at me in a funny way. I said yes. He's sleeping inside Last Nun. I'm here writing next to the bonfire.

Marcus's knee is baaaad. The bullet didn't get out of his body so grandma had to take it with a weird tool. He's got a lot of bandages all over his leg so he doesn't move it.

Today I ate some noodles cooked by dad. Dad's kinda depressed because his only friend left is dying. I mean he's not dying but he might. I hope he doesn't because he's become in a really close friend for all of us and he's got pretty good ideas when it comes to security and surviving. I actually never wrote about it but he made a security sistem with some cans and a rope.

Lucas is ok. I mean his arm is almost totally healed and Grandma gave him a haircut. He likes this blonde girl that's about 16. He's crazy about her.

Grandpa Nick talked about expanding the walls so we have a bigger place to grow crops on and build more houses. He said that we could have a house for family if we want to! That means privacy and stuff because changing inside the car or sleeping bag is not that comfortable.

July 3. Dear diary,

Today I woke up like a new girl. I had this dream that gave me a lot of hope. In it I'm like 20 years. I have a real house. It's painted on the outside and it's got a beautiful garden. I live there with 2 kids but I couldn't find my husband. That kinda bumped me down. After that I woke up.

Today we couldn't have lunch because if we want to live we have to save some food. Believe it or not we're a group of 18 people and a cat. Actually I shouldn't count the cat because he's always outside the campment hunting birds or rats. We should start doing like him. Grandma found out that we won't have enough food for all of us. Because the crops are too small so we'll start expanding the campment tomorrow.

Today Noah and I played almost all day long life and monopoly. I woke up about 12 AM and then we started playing. We played till 7 PM. Then we had dinner (a package of noodles every 3 of us) and we went to bed. I actually try to write every night before I go to bed but sometimes I'm to tired or can't find any ideas.