Noah

July 11. Dear diary:

Dante, Haiden and dad came back today. He brought me a couple pens and another diary so now I'll have enough sheets of paper for a long time. I hope that someday, we'll be able to make our own sheets of paper. The pen I've got now it's running out of ink so the new ones come in pretty handy. I like that expression, "come in pretty handy".

Today we had the last meeting because there were only 3 people left to introduce themselves. Tomorrow Ross, Devin and probably grandpa Nick will go out and look for more supplies. At least that's what they said at the meeting. Today's meeting was boring just like the whole day. I guess that it was like that because I woke up really early, like at 4 PM and couldn't fell asleep again cause I had insomnia

When the meeting began the first one was Lucas. He said -I'm Lucas, I'm 15 years old and I got here about a month ago. We left the city when the hospital couldn't attend me. We came in my grandparent's car. Then we started to build this place and you showed up and saved us. Then you helped us finishing this place. I guess that's it, Next- He was running out of air.

The next one was Marcus. He began like -Hi guys, as you know my name is Marcus and I'm 36 years old. I'm here because when this guys came I followed them. When I saw Blaine (dad) I stopped for a few days because I wanted to steal from them but he's my friend. So I yelled his name and he took me in like nothing, tahnk you Blaine.- my dad asked if he finished and said -Who's next? And the next and last was Noah.

Noah's my bestie as you know. I couldn't believe that he never told me his story but I understand him now. He said - My name is Noah, I'm 13 years old. My dad left the house when I was 3 .I was alone at home when this whole thing began. I heard an explosion and the phone starts ringing. When I pick up my mum says "Honey I'm sorry." why mum? "I won't get home on time. The lab's computer is about to blow up and I'm delaying the explosion." What are you talking about? - he started to cry but continues -I ask "It's hard to explain just grab some stuff like clothes, food and water and leave the city. Baby just go and save yours..." Her phone probably exploted. - he collapsed and started to cry louder - I couldn't say goodbye. Why? Why?- Grandpa Nick finished the meeting and told us all to sleep inmediatly.

I wanted to sleep but I can't. I can't stop thinking about Noah's story. He left the city even though he knew his mum was going to die. I guess he knew that she wouldn't leave the city and that if he would've gone to the lab he would've died too. I'm so sorry for him. I wanna go and talk with him but I would be too awkward. Bye.