New name

June 19. Dear diary,

I'm really sorry I haven't written for a while but we all have been pretty busy. We finished the house yesterday! Grandpa Nick took care of the wood. My dad took care of making the planks and putting them on it's place. My brother was in charge of watching (he's still burnt). I was in charge of the math and stuff (I'm really good at it).

We've been with that and the garden and the house so we don't know what to do now. My dad wants to build a fence or a wall or something to protect us from the bandits so I gues that we'll try to build something around the house.

Oh I forgot! We saw a group of people walking, we were all terrified. We hid and they walked away. We could've gotten killed but we got lucky. I don't know I'll be able to sleep tonight. I wish I could. I'm still sleeping inside the car with my brother and father. 

I'm afraid grandma is loosing it. She asked me if I wanted to get my hair dyed blue and I denied so she 'dyed' her eyebrows with blueberries but then washed off the dye. She's weird sometimes. She cooked lunch normally today, she's got like 'moments'

We're thinking to put a name to the house. It's my brother's idea. I'm thinking something like 'Last Nun' that would mean last place for the men.

June 20. Dear diary,

My name won and our house is called 'Last Nun'. I'm soooo happy that my name won. Otherwise this place would've been called 'X-37' (my brother's idea) or 'Beautiful Garden' (grandma's idea) and thanks god it wasn't called 'New New York'. My dad thought about that one and we all know it was improvised.

Actually I'm not that happy. Since Marcus got here we forgot that we needed to ration our food and water so I made the math and we only have a half month left of supplies Grandpa Nick's got a cow and he's trying to get some milk from it but it's kinda difficult. I hope it rains.

My dad wants to dig a hole in the floor so we can get water from it but i think that if we put buckets every time it rains we'll be ok. But I don't know how we're going to eat because we don't have much food and we can't shrink our rations because we would die.

June 21. Dear diary,

We followed my dad's plans so we digged a hole in the floor and we got 'clean' water from it. It's not that bad but it's not mineral. Grandpa Nick hunted a sheep and brought 2 others. So we have our own sheep place (idk how it's called) to kill the babies. It won't take long till we have enough sheep to eat some.

Grandpa Nick taught me a new chess strategy that he invented. My brother's arm is way better now. He is almost able to hold the guitar.

My grandma is happy because the garden is starting to grow. We don't have vegetables yet but we have the green part of the plant. She says that once the garden grows we'll be 'self-sufficient'.

Every day I get more used to not having phones and leaving in a house that i built. I'm felling like in home. It's so weird thinking that the place where I grew up it's gone.