Not good news

June 9. Dear diary,

I didn't write yesterday because nothing interesting happened and I was pretty tired. My grandma and I played chess all the morning. We couldn't sleep at all. Then I watered the garden and ran because I needed to wake up. Then I fell asleep. Pretty boring.

But today was way more interesting than yesterday. At 3 AM (my watch) I saw a car coming so I woke up my dad who rapidly turned off the bonfire. A guy came out of the car and yelled -It's me dude! Marcus! I know you're here Alex- he was yelling at my dad. My dad talked to him all night. My brother and I fell asleep.

I don't know when but somewhere between 3 and 5 PM my dad woke us up and said -Guys, I have something important to tell you. Society is gone. LA has fallen. A computer in a lab blew up last night. A lot of people died and the ones alive destroyed the left of the city. There are bandits everywhere and there isn't any safe place left.

I'm still procesing everything my dad said. I mean i just can't believe that in just a few days everything that cost humanity to build thousands of years is gone. I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight. I wanna think and keep thinkinf for days. I wish I had a TV to watch FRIENDS over and over again.

June 11. Dear diary,

Yesterday grandpa nick chopped off like 5 trees with the help of my dad. You know they're father and son, they love each other, thet go and chop off some trees, everyday life. Today they cut the trees in planks and they got a lot of them. They've got like a hundred of them. They'll build a house.

My grandma took care of the garden all day long. She sang to the tomatoes. I think she's lost her marbles.

Marcus brought a guitar with him and he's teaching my brother how to play it. My brother is finally getting better. I'm so happy for him! But he won't be able to actually hold the guitar for a few weeks so Marcus is teaching him basic stuff.

I'm tired. I'll probably should go to sleep but that wasn't the point. I'm tired of this whole suriving thing. It's just too much for a 13 year-old girl. I wanna go home, take a shower. Sleep in my bed.