"The first thing I noticed was Gareth's face. I wanted to see him dead. I couldn't let them approach the church but then I noticed from a corner of the building blond hair. I thought... I thought that nothing had happened to her, that we arrived on time."

"That bastard is still alive.", Michonne said: "We have to get rid of this asshole."

You felt your heartbeat quicken, as if you were in a kind of limbo until then. The adrenaline disappeared and left you without any immune system. Fear, anger and despair took over. You checked your hands with blood and an accurate picture appeared before your eyes. You took a few steps forward, wanted to get away from the two to get some air, but because of the leg you fell to the ground.

"Y/N!", the sheriff shouted and ran to you. You knelt in the grass with your eyes empty, staring at the blood Beth had left behind. Suddenly you fell into a tearless, hysterical scream that was characterized only by uncontrollable sobs. You lived through this loss again. Everything seemed so real to you. Rick took your head in his hands and tried to make you concentrate on his face.

"Y/N, what's going on?", he said nervous: "Everything will be fine, Beth will make it, I'm sure."

Michonne appeared behind you and stood staring at you as if studying you. You still looked down and remembered the lifeless body of your little sister.

"I didn't make it.", you sobbed: "I couldn't save her."

The sheriff shook you and thought you would come back to reality.

"Hey, look at me.", he ordered: "You saved her, got it? Sam and Tyreese take care of her."

You then mumbled your sister's name and Rick turned around as if Michonne could give him clues.

"Who the hell is that supposed to be?", the woman asked.

The sheriff turned his head away because he didn't know and returned to you. He stared at you with regretful eyes, he didn't know the person you had lost, but he understood the pain. Anyway, he didn't know how to calm you or block this condition.

"She has a nervous breakdown.", he said, explaining his hypothesis.

Michonne looked at you more closely and put a hand on her hip. She did not seem to agree.

"Y/N, please, listen to me.", Rick pleaded: "We have to be strong to face anything that is coming. If we let ourselves be touched by emotion we'll eventually die, do you understand that?"

"Probably more of a panic attack.", Michonne said abruptly, moving the sheriff aside: "Leave her to me, I'll take care."

She then grabbed your neck to pull you up a bit. "There's no time for this nonsense!", she said annoyed to you.

"Michonne! Stop!", Rick screamed.

She glanced at him and then she struck you without restraint and you got a strong slap on your cheek. Your head snapped to one side and for a moment everything seemed to vibrate. The hallucinations became blurred until they disappeared.

"Don't you think you exaggerated?", Rick murmured: "That was not necessary!"

Michonne let go, satisfied with the gesture she made. You didn't accuse her, although your face now clearly had the signs of this action.

"It helped me.", you admitted: "Thank you."

Rick was a little taken aback, but then he helped you get up. You couldn't load your leg anymore, you practically destroyed it. Michonne nodded to you as if she wanted to say: "No problem.". When you were close enough to the entrance, but still far from the door, it opened. Daryl emerged from these four walls, wiped his hands with a rag and tried to remove the blood. He was about to say something about Beth's condition, but as soon as he saw you he immediately changed the subject.