CHAPTER 3

I slowly opened my eyes to see I was in a plane. Wait...am I dreaming? I was sat a very comfortable chair and Jungkook sat next to me sleeping with ear phones on and a mask. I needed to find the way to the restroom but Jungkook was at the aisle seat so I had to some way manoeuvre my way out of there. I held on the seat infront of Jungkook to stay in balance but as soon as I gripped the seat the person who sat on the chair suddenly extended their chair down making me fall out of balance and on Jungkook's lap and this woke him up.

"Yah-", he was interrupted by some man maybe his manager.

"Shhhh. Jungkook quickly take a selfie with whoever she is. If not, you know what I'll do," his manager said sounding like a threat. I wonder what he was protecting, most likely his ego. Before anything else happened I stepped in.

"What the hell am I doing in this plane? I'm getting held against my will", I said confidently. I mean I had the right to say that, I was basically kidnapped. I realised I was still on Jungkook's lap. As I was about to get off he commented.

"When will you get off? If you like me, this isn't the best first impression to make," he said smirking. I realised he was basically mocking me as I flashback to when we were at the bed, 'If you like me, this isn't the best first impression to make,' I had said.

"I'm gonna beat the hell out of you," I said about to punch his face when he pushed my hand to the left hitting his supposedly manager. Jungkook ended up laughing and smirking. I knew this was going to be war for the both of us.

"OK STOP! YOU," he said pointing at me, "sign this contract," he handed me a paper and continued talking, "AND YOU," he said now death staring Jungkook, "take the damn selfie and start acting like a couple when we are in public, got that." I honestly don't get why I have to be his girlfriend, like can't they get some celebrity who's willing or even a fan. As soon as I was handed the 'contract' I quickly read over it.

"I don't want to be his girlfriend," I said before the manager left. Jungkook looked at me with a fake 'im hurt' face as he touched his heart. I didn't get why I of all people needed to be his girlfriend and over top of that, why did he need a fake girlfriend?

"Ok, listen I'll give you whatever you want. Money?," he said willingly. Wow, 'whatever you want'. I don't even know what I want. I want a stable life with a normal future ahead of me. I want a family....but these are things he can't get me and I want to achieve all this on my own.

"There's nothing you can get me, I plan to achieve all the thing I want on my own. Now if you could just give me another ticket to head back to Busan after—," before I could finish my sentence I was stopped to see Jimin walking his way down the lanes. I thought to myself that I shouldn't and couldn't just leave him after what happened. After all, I owe him after saving my life. I bit my lip and said, "Give that to me," and I took the contract back. I then thoroughly read over the rules.

He then added, "After this is all over, you will return to your normal life and won't have anything to do with Jungkook, meaning you won't be allowed to 'date' him anymore."

"Sounds perfect," I said giving a reassuring smile. I could tell Jungkook was offended but it was out of my interest range to care what he felt or thought. I then, signed the contract and handed it over to him. Suddenly Jungkook put his arm over my shoulders.

"Hana, du, se (translation: 1, 2, 3)," he said taking the selfie. When he looked at the picture I could look at the disappointment on his face. When I looked over to see the photo it was me looking pissed at him and him smiling innocently.

"Yah, can you look prettier? I don't want my fans knowing I'm dating some—" he said stopping. In the middle of his sentence I left the seat getting away from him and his rude comments. How dare he say that to my face? I was never confident in myself due to mainly my looks and so I get insecure. People daily comment on my looks saying things like, "wah you are so beautiful", but I mean I doubt them and myself. But hearing him say that even if it was a joke hurts more than a breakup. I kept my head down as I was walking down the lanes as I found in front of me Taehyung, my ex. What was he doing here?

"Hi...Hee-young," he said. I didn't know how to react to this. I still hadn't said anything and so he said, "You probably recognise me, but I never told you I was part of the BTS band." What?! I wanted to leave right now. I was furious and heartbroken at the same time. Our relationship was a lie, his past was a lie. What did I do to deserve this? What did I do to deserve every possible bad thing to happen to me. "I....the reason, no the real reason I ended it was because I knew...I thought you were playing me and taking advantage of me because of my fame." I took a sharp turn to the opposite way as tears had already fallen. I was stopped by someone who grabbed my hand.

"Yah-," it was Jungkook but before he could finish he sentence he changed the tone of his voice, "what-". I continued to walk until I ended up in the restroom. I quickly closed the door and switched it to occupied mode. Just at that very moment I felt very vulnerable. I just wanted to be alone and invisible. 'Taking advantage of me'. 'Fame'. Those words were circulating my head over and over again. My only intention to him, was loving him and yet that wasn't enough. Everything just hurts. I felt lost and out of place. I covered the bottom half of my face and cried trying not to make a sound, thats all I could do at that moment. If only I knew he was part of this...band...I would have ended it first. There was only one guy that I knew so far wasn't all bad that was part of this band and that was Jimin. I heard knocking at the door.

"..It's Jimin," right when he said that I opened the door. Right when the doors opened I jumped to his arms and cried on his shoulders. I felt safe in his arms, he was the only real person here. "Hee-young-ah, don't cry anymore," he then touched my head. I then finally looked at him and he wiped my tears with the tips of his sleeves. "Who made—, you don't have to talk to about it you don't want to," he said reassuring. Honestly I think the truth to the reason I cried wasn't only what Taehyung said but what Jungkook too said. 'Yah, can you look prettier? I don't want my fans knowing I'm dating some—'. What was he gonna say? Someone who looks poor? Someone who looks like trash? Whatever it was I knew it had to be something negative.

"Yeah, that would be for the best," I replied and smiled at him. This whole 'mission' in being Jungkook's girlfriend was going to be hard. To avoid any specific drama in this band I decided to keep all unnecessary information and thoughts to myself. "I'll see you later then," I said giving him one last hug and heading to my seat. I was right in front of my seat.

"What took you long?", he said without a care what my answer was. I ignored his question and grabbed his phone to take a selfie with him. I took a look at the picture and it was me smiling brightly looking at the camera while him looking at me. I headed to sit on my seat now. I went to twitter on his phone posting the photo.

"What shall the caption be?", I said talking to myself, "Hmmm, love of my life," I said while typing. "Noooo thats too cheesy," I said biting my lip thinking of another caption but then he grabbed the phone out of my hand and started typing. I heard the 'swoop' sound as he pressed send. He then held the phone in front of my face and it read "Say hello to my beautiful girlfriend". I rolled my eyes. This was just all fake. I placed my hand on my jacket pocket and freaking out to find out it wasn't there. "You! Where is my phone," I said filled with rage and a hint of being worried. That was the only thing linked to my past.

"Oh, you mean your trash flip phone," he said laughing. I punched him in the arm. "Yah that hurt". He doesn't know what it's like to be hurt, internally. I hope someone would show him what it's like to be at the very bottom without his ego and confidence getting in the way. But I could already tell there was a lot to him then what he's putting up with its just buried very deep. "Ok, let me explain a few things. 1, the reason you're being my 'fake girlfriend' is to hide my real relationship with my real girlfriend. 2, don't get in the way from my real relationship. 3, well I don't know if you can do this, but don't fall for me," he explained and smirked at the end. I laughed in response to his whole speech.

"Now, my turn," I said taking the lead now, "1, don't get in my way. 2, I don't give a damn about what you feel or think. 3, well this one is pretty hard for you, but uh don't fall for me. You see I get a tendency to steal hearts," I then winked at him confidently. I then put my hoodie on and went straight to sleep.