chapter 37

Jake's POV:

I patiently waited for my beloved to arrive. I began to see the headlights of a car coming towards my way. I stood there, smiling and hoping it was Erika. Luckily, it was. She got out of the car and looked at me.

Erika: Jake?

I smiled at her and she just stood and looked at me.

Jake: Yes, Jake... Not Tessa. Sorry. I asked her to help me get you here. I knew you wouldn't meet me if I had asked myself.

Erika looks at me and scoffs.

Erika: Damn right.

She looks at me and turns around walking back to her car. I quickly jump over the candles and sprint towards her and reach for her wrist. She turns and looks at me.

Jake: Just hear me out. Please, it's all I ask for.

I beg her as she stood in front of me. She nods and looks up at me. I hand her the bouquet of flowers and she hesitates to take them but she eventually does. I then look into her mesmerizing eyes and just enjoy her presence for a moment and smile at her. All you could hear right now was our song playing from my car speakers and the wonderful sounds of nature all around us.

Jake: I love you, Erika. And... I know I really fucked up, but I wanna make it up to you. I wanna tell you how I feel.
Erika: Jake...
Jake: No, Erika. Listen to me please.

I grab her hand and give her a comforting squeeze, she looks up at me and slightly smiled.

Jake: Look, Rik. I did all of this for you. The candles, the flowers, our song playing at our spot. This is all for you.

She looks at me and then begins to admire the candles shaped like a heart. She walks around it and then looks up to me.

Erika: It's really amazing, Jake.

I walk over to her and smile at her. I cup her cheek and look into her eyes.

Jake: You're amazing.

I smile at her and she looks up at me slightly smiling. She then shortly after pulls her head away from my grip and avoids making eye contact with me.

Jake: I want you back, Erika... I need you back. You're my everything, it's not Alissa.. It's you, it's always been you and it always will be... A thousand times over.

She looks up at me as the words 'A thousand times over.' comes out of my mouth. I give her a small smile and she starts to smile back.

Jake: I know I hurt you and I am so sincerely sorry for that. I know I may have fucked things up, but Erika.. No matter what I have done, I have always loved you. I have been in love with you since high school. Those mornings when I would just rush into class, get in trouble and come in late... Every single day.. And you just watched, laughed at me and was there for me.. Since the day I first met you. From the first moment I laid eyes on you, I had always felt a spark. I didn't know it then, but now I do. Erika, you're the woman I want to be with forever. I love you so much, Erika. You're the love of my life.

She looked up at me, smiling as I had just brightened her whole entire day.

Erika: Jake, I love you more than you even know. You have saved me more times than you even know. I am so glad that I have met you, but I just don't know.
Jake: Even if you don't take me back right now, I won't ever stop or give up on trying to win you back. But Erika... One more thing...
Erika: Yeah?

I look at her and I reach into my pocket to get the promise ring out and show her. She looks at it and then looks up at me.

Erika: You're giving it back to me?
Jake: Of course.
Erika: After I just left it without looking back?
Jake: Yes.. It belongs to you. I got it for you, Erika, not anyone else.
Erika: I don't know...
Jake: Erika, look. I know I fucked up. I know I broke my promises. But I'm giving it back to you.. With new and improved promises.
Erika: Which just might be what?

I look into her eyes, grab her right hand and get down on one knee.

Jake: Which are... To always be there for you and Jax.. even when times get tough. I promise to never go to bed angry at you, or if you're angry at me... Meaning to always fix things between us before the end of the day. I promise to be your refuge, to be your shoulder to cry on, to pull you up at your lowest and to be by your side at your highest. I'll always be there for you to support you. I'll wipe away your tears and be your smile when you laugh. If you need a friend, no matter what time it is or where I'm at... I promise I'll be there. I promise to love you and our (hopefully on-going and growing) family forever. Til my last breathe on this earth. I will give you guys whatever you need. I promise, I will never leave you and our family ever again. I promise to stay loyal and true to you, for the rest of my life, and to be patient, respectful and kind to you no matter how hard it may be for me at that moment. I promise... to get you a ring one day and marry you for real.

Erika looks at me, with heart eyes. I could tell that she loved every word of that. Her eyes were getting slightly watery and her smile was bright and beautiful.

Erika: Jake, I love you... And Jax has just gotten to know and love you too. We love you, and I know I can't stay away from you.. But...

[Hahaha should Erika just take Jake back already or does Jake need to try harder?... Hmmmm]

Instagram: @lomfljerika