chapter 34

Erika's POV:

I was walking out of my bedroom this morning when I saw Alissa and Jake walking out of Jake's bedroom. Jake was shirtless with only his boxers on and Alissa was obviously dressed probably getting ready to leave. Her hair had seemed a bit messy and I could just tell she was gushing over Jake which pissed me off. Well the whole situation pissed me off because I know what happened last night.. At least I think I have an idea. I don't see them just talking... Especially when Jake is half naked. Luckily Jake and Alissa didn't see me as they walked out. Jake walked Alissa down to the door walking her out. I crept behind them silently so that I wouldn't be heard or noticed. I stood at the top of the stairs as I watched what was going on below me at the entrance of our house. Alissa kissed Jake on the cheek and hugged him.

Alissa: I had a great night last night, Jakey.

Alissa kissed his cheeked and Jake didn't say a word, he just stood there and smiled and watched as she began to walk to her car to leave. Jake closed the door on her way out and started to smile. His smile slowly started fading away though. When he was coming back up towards the stairs, I quickly ran and tried to get back into my bedroom without making a noise. Luckily I did, I closed my door quietly and quickly and stood with my backside against the door. I stood there for a moment and pondered what was going on between Jake and Alissa... And Jake and I. I wasn't ready to get intimate again... So he moved on.. I slid down against the door and brought my knees up to my chest. I sat there and cried as I thought about everything.

Jake's POV:

I walked back up to my room. As I walked to my bedroom I noticed Erika's door close just as I reached the top of the stairs. I ignored it and continued to walk to my bedroom to get ready for the day. Last night was really great... For the most part, I had fun. But it didn't feel the same as how I felt when I was with Erika. I'm sure Alissa is going to want to hang out after last night but I don't really know what I want. I want Erika but I don't like the way our relationship has gone. It's been different since the incident. I feel distant sometimes and I always feel like I have to take care of her which I hate. I mean, don't get me wrong I love caring for her, but doing so much for her... No. I want an independent woman who is empowering and beautiful. I just want to move on from what happened.. It's been so long now. When I spoke to Alissa yesterday, it felt great. She listened to me, we talked for hours... Then it got heated. I could've stopped it if I wanted to, but I didn't want to. I liked where it was going. Yeah, we did get intimate and honestly I don't know if I regret it or not yet because it was pretty nice not having to worry about someone and all these responsibilities that I need to take care of for them. Alissa seemed as she had changed.. Or maybe she's just still so madly in love with me that she'd do anything to be with me. I don't really know, and I don't really care to be honest with you. But I do know what happened last night was pretty good. I was interrupted by my thoughts when I heard all this noise coming from outside of my bedroom.
"C'mon Jax." I heard someone say. It sounded like Erika.. I was confused. I rushed out to see what was going on. I found Erika with bags around her shoulder and a few luggage's of which were hers and Jax's downstairs ready by the door. She was rushing to get down the stairs as she held Jax in her arms. I rushed over to her to catch up to her.

Jake: Rik? What the hell are you doing?

She ignored me and just kept walking down the steps. As soon as she reached the floor I rushed in front of her to get her attention and looked straight into her eyes. She stopped and hesitately looked up at me. I could see tears forming in her eyes which broke my heart little by little.

Erika: I'm leaving.
Jake: What? Why?!
Erika: Jax and I have to go. Moving in was a mistake.

Erika walked around me and headed out the door. I rushed to her once again and grabbed her arm.

Jake: Wait! Erika! Rik!

She looked at where I had my hand placed and slowly looked up at me and pulled her hand away.

Jake: What about Jax?
Erika: What about him? He's MY son. I practically raised him without you, I'm sure he doesn't need you like he does me.
Jake: Seriously, Erika. I wanna see him. I wanna be a part of his life.
Erika: Fine.
Jake: Well tell me where you're staying then..
Erika: Don't worry about it, I will bring Jax here. I don't want anything to do with you.

She continued to walk towards her Uber with Jax in her arms. The Uber driver helped her put the luggage's and bag in the trunk. Erika put Jax in and I ran to Erika stopping her right before she was about to go in. I looked at her and placed my hand on her cheek, caressing it with my thumb and looking into her eyes. She avoided eye contact with me the entire time.

Jake: Don't go.

A tear fell down across her face and onto my thumb that was placed on her cheek. She looked into my eyes for a quick second and got in the car. I watched as they drove off. Great. I fucked up.

[ HI GUYS IM BACKKKKKKK SORRY I TOOK SO LONG TO UPDATE.. ALSO DONT HATE ME FOR THIS CHAPTER ARGHHH ]