chapter 20

Erika's POV:

I woke up in Jake's bed. I look beside me to try and find him but he wasn't there. I got up and rushed to my room and began to get ready for the day.. I showered, picked my clothes out and got dressed. Just as I was about to go get Jax from his room, I seen Jake already there. He was playing with Jax. I stayed by the door frame and smile at the sight.

Jake: (hands Jax his vlog camera) I think you were born to vlog, Jax.
Jax: (tries to pick up the camera and face it at himself) Thanks, daddy.
Jake: Here. (smiles at Jax and sets the vlog camera down facing him) Now you don't have to hold it.
Jax: (smiles at Jake and then looks at the camera and starts to make funny faces at it)
Jake: (laughs at Jax a bit) You gotta turn on the camera first, bud.

They were laughing and smiling together.. And if I heard correctly... I think Jax called Jake daddy instead of by his name, which made me smile even more. Just as I stood there, Tessa came up behind me. I turned around and she looked at me smiling.

Tessa: They're bonding.
Erika: Yup, indeed they are.

I then leave the boys be and start walking back to my bedroom with Tessa.

Tessa: How'd you sleep?
Erika: Good.
Tessa: You weren't scared sleeping by yourself?
Erika: No... I went to Jake's room and slept with him.
Tessa: (looks at Erika surprised) Well... Just sleeping right?
Erika: Yeah, T. We were just sleeping, and I was scared and I just wanted to go to him for protection.
Tessa: Oh okay.. So like what are you guys?
Erika: We're complicated.. That's what we are.
Tessa: How can it be so complicated?
Erika: I don't know... All I know is that we both really do have feelings for each other, love eachother, and we're still really close. But I just don't want things to get messed up. I think that's why I've been holding off on the dating thing..
Tessa: Well why do you feel like things are going to get messed up?
Erika: Because fate has always found a way to keep us apart.. Like when we were in high school, he had Alissa.. Then he broke up with her, and then I had Drew... And then when we finally got to be together, he had to move back to Ohio. And we were apart for years.
Tessa: Well you will never know unless you try. Plus, you guys always seem to find a way back to eachother.. That's what fate also does that you haven't acknowledged.
Erika: Yeah.. You're right.. Thanks T.

I hug Tessa and then we both walk downstairs where we find Jax running around playing in his playroom and Jake and Anthony doing crazy things as usual. They jump all over eachother like animals. But its something they always do. Jake looks at me and then Nathan points the camera at me.

Erika: (looks at the camera) Hey Jake Paulers.
Jake: Erikaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!
Erika: Why are you always so annoying? (laughs at Jake a bit)
Jake: (runs over to Erika and slowly begins to make gorilla noises)
Erika: No! No! Jake... Stop!

Jake continues to make gorilla noises and does the motion. Just like how he use to when we were in high school. He picked me up and spun me around his shoulder as he continued the gorilla noises.

Erika: Jake, put me down now!! Oh my gosh.

Jake finally puts me down and then looks at me and puckers his lips out for me to kiss him. I look at him and push his face away and smile at him.

Erika: Gosh you're so annoying. (laughs a bit)
Jake: Ily!!
Erika: (smiles at Jake) Shut up.

I walk away and he watches as I do. He then begins to bother Tessa and Anthony as they talk and kiss. I look at him and he looks at Tessa and Anthony, then looks at me, making Nathan point the camera to where I'm at.

Jake: This could be us but you playin.

I playfully roll my eyes and then walk into the playroom and sit down with Jax. I play with him for awhile and smile as he laughs. He's literally the cutest!

Erika: Hey, baby. Hey, Jax.
Jax: (looks up at Erika) Mommy. (stands up and hugs Erika as she sits down)
Erika: (hugs back and kisses Jax's forehead)

Jake's POV:

After I was done vlogging, I went to go find Jax so I went to the playroom where I had left him so I could vlog for a moment.. I really want the Jake Paulers to know about Jax and everything, But I really don't know how Erika would feel about it. I'm tired of having to be sneaky and careful about the things I upload to my fans because Jax is very important to me and I want the public to know that. I stand by the doorframe of the playroom and see Jax and Erika. They were hugging and Erika had just kissed Jax's forehead.

Erika: How do you like living here with daddy, Jax?
Jax: I like it! Lots of toys!
Erika: (laughs at Jax) Yes lots of toys. And also you get to be with your father now. You don't have to live without him because I promise you, we're both not going anywhere.

I smiled as she said that. Yup, she's right. We're not going anywhere, and that's something I'm very sure of. I walk in and look at Jax and kneel down to reach his height.

Jake: Yup, I'm not going anywhere. And that, I can promise you. A thousand times over. (smiles at Jax) I'm always gonna be here, even if you don't want me to. (looks at Jax then looks at Erika) That goes for you too, Rik.
Erika: (smiles at Jake and hugs him) Thanks, Jake.
Jax: (joins the hug and hugs them both)
Jake: (kisses his forehead) I may not have known you for that long yet, but I love you, Jax.
Erika: (looks at Jake and smiles) Jake, you're the sweetest guy ever.
Jake: You're the most beautiful woman ever.

I look at her and smile, we then find ourselves gazing into each others eyes. Our faces were right in front of eachother and our lips just inches apart. We both slowly start to lean in until.. we hear the doorbell ring. We both quickly back away from eachother and get up.

Erika: You better go get that.
Jake: (gets up and starts walking to the front door) Yeah, yeah. Right.
Erika: (gets up and picks up Jax and holds him in her arms as she walks to the front door out of curiosity of who it might be)

I go up to the front door and open it, with Erika right behind me, holding Jax in her arms. I look up in front of me. "Hi Jake", they said with a smile.

[Left y'all with a cliff hanger.. hmmm.. and gave you guys come cute family and Jerika moments☺️ Hope you guys enjoyed! Ily!!]

Instagram: @lomfljerika