chapter 7

Erika's POV:

Jake pulled up and as I noticed.. I just started remembering all the times Jake and I had here... The hollywood sign. He got out his car and got on the hood of the car and so did I️. I looked at him and caught him already looking at me.

Jake: You remember this place?
Erika: How could I ever forget?
Jake: Its been awhile.
Erika: It has.
Jake: I missed you all this time.
Erika: I'm sure you did but you always had Alissa around still.
Jake: Oh so you heard.
Erika: Yup. Jake you're famous now, how could I not figure it out?
Jake: You're right.

It was silent for a moment. It was nice hanging around here but I hated the situation we were in or I don't know. I just felt weird and awkward... But I spoke up so that it wouldn't be.

Erika: You did good.
Jake: With what?
Erika: Your future.. I remember you telling me the day that you left.. "I'll be the man that you'll want me to be"
Jake: (smiles as he looks at Erika) Yup, I did say that.
Erika: You're the man that I want you to be. (looks at Jake, trying to avoid eye contact) You promised me, and you did it. You became the man I wanted you to be. Successful and good. You're both. You made yourself into a better man. Just like you promised.
Jake: Yeah, I always keep my promises. For you, I'd do anything a thousand times over. (tries to look into her eyes but she keeps looking away)
Erika: (stays silent for a moment then speaks up after a minute) I haven't heard that in a long time. (slowly starts to look into his eyes)

I found myself looking into his eyes as he was looking into mine. Its like the feeling bad never gone away once I did. Just then, I fell in love right back with him. He looked at me and smiled, and I smiled back. His smile, his perfect smile, his perfect eyes, his perfect words. He always knew what just to say. I'm still in love with him, and thats something that has never changed.. But I couldn't have him, and that's what sucked the most.

Erika: Uhh.. (slowly starts to look away and gets off the hood) I'm ready to go home.
Jake: Why so soon?
Erika: Just take me home, Jake. Please.
Jake: Okay...

Jake then gets off the hood of his and got in the car as did I️. He took me home and insisted that he walk me to my front door. It was like we were in high school again, and to be honest, I enjoyed every second of it. I leaned against the door and he stood in front of me.

Jake: I had an amazing night. It was great hanging out again.
Erika: Yeah...
Jake: Maybe we can hangout again?
Erika: I dont think so.
Jake: Why?....

I wanted to hang out again because I enjoy every second being around him... But then again, I didn't want to just keep falling for him even more each day. Especially when he has a girlfriend...

Erika: Um. I just can't. Sorry.

I looked at him for a second then quickly rushed in through my front door and closed it in front of him. Ugh.... I love him.. But, I can't have him. Seeing him made me smile so much, but it hurts to see a face of someone you love, hurting you. Just then.. Jax came running into my arms. I smiled as I picked him up and kissed his forehead.. Looking at him. He looks just like Jake..

Instagram: @lomfljerika