chapter 6

Erika's POV:

I arrived at home and immediately went off to find Tessa.

Erika: TESSA!!!!

She walks out of her room with Jax and puts Jax down on the floor letting him walk around the house.

Erika: You won't believe what just happened...
Tessa: (walks over to Erika) What happened?
Erika: I ran into Jake at the grocery store.
Tessa: Wait, what? Really?!
Erika: Yes! And I don't know how to feel.. We're meeting up later.. I'm just thinking about bailing on him, honestly.
Tessa: No!!! Don't do that!! I will take care of Jax.. And you go meet with Jake.
Erika: I don't know..
Tessa: Erika! You can't just avoid him. He's here, you guys spoke. You might as well just go. 
Erika: Fine...
Tessa: Are you going to tell him about Jax?
Erika: That... No, I'm not.
Tessa: Well I think you should tell him soon, but just tell him whenever you're ready or whenever you feel like it.
Erika: Yeah.. Thanks.

Later that day, when it was time for me to meet up with Jake, I got dressed up in a nice casual outfit. A cute white crop top with some writing on it, with some blue ripped jeans and a pair of white hi-top classic old skool vans. I then headed out of the house and took an uber straight to my favorite froyo place. When I arrived I looked in and found Jake already sitting down. He didn't have his vlog camera so I was sure it was just going to be just the both of us. I headed towards him and as soon as he saw me coming, he stood up and pulled out my chair for me. He looked me up and down as I walked over and smiled at me as I sat down. I pulled my own chair in and he sat down across from me.

Jake: You look great, Erika.
Erika: Thanks Jake.
Jake: And I already ordered your favorite.
Erika: You still remember?
Jake: I'd never forget.

I smiled at him. And looked down at my froyo and picked up the spoon and began to eat as did he. He got my order perfect. Wow he's just such an amazing human being. I tried so hard not to look him in the eyes and continued to make conversation.

Jake: Why'd you go back to Nashville?
Erika: Family stuff...
Jake: Oh okay.
Erika: Yeah.
Jake: So what brings you back here?
Erika: I missed Tessa, and you know she's my best friend so I decided to come back and live with her.
Jake: Oh so you're living with her now?
Erika: Yes I am.
Jake: And do you work or anything?
Erika: No, I'm not really working.. I've been kind of struggling to find a job here..
Jake: Oh, well I hope you find one.

We continued to eat our froyo and once we finally finished he got up and threw the trash away. He got up and walked over to me, and smiled at me.

Jake: C'mon. (he grabs Erika's hand motioning for her her to get up)
Erika: Where are we going? (gets up)
Jake: You'll see. (begins to walk out and walks over to his car)

I took one look at his car.. A lamborghini. Damn, he's really doing big things now. He's so successful.

Erika: Okay... (follows Jake to his car)
Jake: Get in. Trust me. (gets in the drivers seat)
Erika: Fine. (gets in the passengers side of the car)

Instagram: @lomfljerika