chapter 31

Jake's POV:

I laid in bed, facing Erika as she slept. I just watched her, making sure she was breathing, making sure she was okay. She has the face of an angel when she sleeps and it makes me smile so much. I leaned over and kissed her forehead. She flinched a bit, I looked at her and when she went back to sleep I got up from the bed and started my day. By the time I got out of the shower, Erika was up. She looked at me and I just knew something was wrong so I walked over to her.

Jake: What's wrong?
Erika: I don't think I can do this.
Jake: Do what, Rik?
Erika: Live this life after what just happened to me.

I looked at her and wrapped my arms around her. My guess is that she's depressed... I mean why wouldn't she after something so traumatizing and disgusting like that. She feels like she has to worry but I've got her and I will help as much as I can.

Jake: Dont worry. I got you. I'll take care of you.

I kissed the top of her head and helped her up off the bed and walked her to the shower. I took one look at her and she looked st me with needy eyes. I held her face, facing me and looked straight into her eyes.

Jake: It's going to be okay.

I kiss her lips and slowly begin helping her take her clothes off. I opened up the shower and turned on the water. She walked in and began to wash herself.

Jake: I'll come back in like 20 minutes. I have to go do my intro for my vlog. You should be finished by then.

She nodded at me and I smiled back and went to wake up Nathan and headed downstairs and outside. I did my intro and vlogged a bit and then went back up to check up on Erika. She was finished and already in her towel, looking for clothes to wear in the closet.

Jake: Hey.

Erika jumped up a bit and looked back.

Erika: Don't scare me like that, Jake. I mean it.
Jake: Sorry, I didn't mean to.

Erika put her clothes on as I went to go get Jax ready for the day. I came back into my bedroom holding Jax in my arms. I walked over to Erika and grabbed her hand.

Jake: Where do wanna go eat?
Erika: PANERA!

I smiled at her excitement towards Panera. She's so cute.

Jake: Okay, lets go.

Erika's POV:

Jake and I arrived at Panera and all the paparazzi was all over us. Sometimes I really hated all the attention I was getting. But I guess you could say I'm kinda famous now so I can't really do anything about it.. Jake sat with Jax across from me. We began eating our food and Jake cut Jax's food into small pieces for him. I looked at him and smiled a bit. I really love these two, and I wouldn't change a thing for them. But the way I've been feeling lately, it just feels so hard to appreciate them. I feel like I always need someone around. I feel weak to do somethings. I just don't have the courage anymore to get up in the morning sometimes. I finished my food and looked at Jake. He was just there eating right in front of me, and staring right into my eyes with the biggest smile. He was so precious and so sweet, and I love everything he's done for me. But it's like I can't even feel a thing anymore. It's like I'm afraid to show him that I love him.

Jake: Are you okay?
Erika: Yeah, I'm fine. Why do you ask?
Jake: I don't know, maybe cause you're usually always smiling and happy after you eat and now you're just like... I don't know.. Not.
Erika: I don't know how to explain it Jake.
Jake: Oh okay...
Erika: I'm sorry.
Jake: It's all good.

We all finished and Jake paid for our meals. Jake picked up Jax and leaded me outside. Once again, paparazzi waited for us to come out. Barging is, mostly me with questions.

Paparazzi: How's Drew?

I paused and slightly turned me head to look at him. It's the public, I guess everyone hears about everything in a matter of hours. He then got in front of me and stuck his camera in my face. Jake was behind me talking to some other guy that was part of paparazzi.

Paparazzi: How long is he going to jail for? Are you okay? What happened?

I looked him up and down. My brain lost focus, my eyes began to tear up, my memories came flooding back and I don't know why, but I couldn't make any words out. Once again he had his camera in my face, and that really irritated me. It triggered me. I pushed his camera away and he screamed at me. Luckily, he caught his camera as it was falling because I did not want to get him a new one.

Paparazzi: HEY!

I looked at him and began to cry. I then heard Jake coming towards me and he yelled at the guy.

Jake: WHAT ARE YOU DOING? WHAT DID YOU DO?

The guy backed up a bit as he was scared of Jake a bit.

Paparazzi: Nothing, I just asked her a couple of questions.
Jake: What kind of fucking questions? What the fuck?!
Paparazzi: About the incident.

Jake wrapped his one arm around me as he was still holding Jax with his other. He pulled me into a hug and I dug my head against his chest.

Jake: Why would you do that? That literally just happened. What makes you think she's ready to talk about that already?
Paparazzi: I'm sorry. You're right, that was my bad.

I looked at him and he looked at me back. It's like he was afraid of Jake or something, he was so quick to apologize, but I'm sure he doesn't actually mean it. He just wants clout. I then laid my head against Jake's shoulder and he kissed the top of my head. We just stood there for a moment, laid back against our car.

[IM SORRY GUYS THAT THIS IS SO LATE I GOT STUCK ON WHAT TO WRITE AND WHERE TO TAKE THIS STORY UGHHH!! I still am stuck tbh, but I know I needed to give you guys an update so here's a shitty chapter that I just wrote I guess. Love y'all. 💞]

Instagram: @lomfljerika