Chapter 34

We sat there for a while before in silence, 10k's arms wrapped around my shoulder while I buried my face into my knees. 10k kept whispering "everything is okay, we will get through this. All of us," over and over again in my ear.

It took a while before the other two woke up. "Uhhh ghh crap, my head feels like its about to implode!" Doc groans and sits up rubbing his head. 10k jumped up and crouched down beside him, putting a hand lightly on Doc's back to support him while he sat up after being unconscious.

I slowly pushed my knees away from my chest and took a deep breath in, attempting to calm my self. 10k and Doc started talking but I zoned out. Everything became muffled and my eyes focused on one spot on the rubble covered floor.

What where we going to do now? Half of us were injured, we had lost Murphy, a lot of places had just been bombed, we had no food or water, no transport and no clue of where to start looking for Murphy.

I felt panic rising in my chest as these thought whirled around my brain and my breathing started to pick up. I felt hot, I felt like I was boiling alive. My skin was burning and my throat was closing up. I started to bite the inside of my cheek to stop the warm tears building in my eyes. My head started to ache and I felt dizzy. My throat burned and my lungs were on fire. I was going to faint.

10k's P.O.V

I watched as Jaime collapsed backwards. "Jaime!" I shouted and left Doc's side to run over to her. I rushed over and pulled her onto my lap checking for a pulse. I heard Doc starting to get up and my head whipped over to him. "No, Doc you need to stay sat down," I stated, although I secretly wanted his help. He shook his head and hobbled over to us. "Don't be stupid kid, if Jaime needs my help I'm gonna be there," He said calmly, crouching down beside us. I look down on her. Her face was calm and her cheeks slightly tinged red. "Is she gonna be okay?" I asked as he looked her over.

"She's gonna be fine. From what I can tell, she just had a panic attack and can you really blame her. I mean look at us, half of us hurt with no supplies and no Murphy," Doc sighed and placed her back on my lap. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her close to my chest. I slowly stroked her hair. My heart aches for her, I wished I could take away her stress. She didn't deserve this.

The air was slightly cleaner now so I remove her mask so she could breath better. "So she'll be okay?" I asked, concern bleeding into my voice. He nodded his head before patting my shoulder and walking over to Warren.

I started to think about how many times she has almost died and how many times she has been hurt over the past 5 or so months of knowing her. Every single time it has been because of this group and the stupid mission to get Murphy to California. Is it really worth it? Would it just be would better if we left the group? Would she even want to leave with me? I would just have to ask her when she woke up. I only wanted her to be safe.

Every one was awake and we were on the move. Warren was determined to find us water and food, without it we wouldn't last longer than a day. My fingers were tangled with Jaime's as we walked across the dying field. Cars scattered across the place, the only things in sight. Warren walked on in the front while Doc lagged behind us. "C'mon Doc, I'm sure there's supplies just around this corner," Jaime said sounding like she was trying to convince herself more than Doc. I gave her hand a quick squeeze to which she returned.

We came to a stop in front of a old camper van. Warren sucked in a deep breathe before saying, "I'll go look for water, you... you guys stay here. If im not back in 24 hours, your on your own." She said quietly looking at each of us. I nodded my head solemly. I hated to see her go but I knew there was no point arguing.

A few hours had passed and Doc was asleep inside the camper van. I sat on the roof with Jaime, watching the horizon. She was cuddling into my side while I draped my arm around her, her breaths were shallow as she spoke. She was talking about how she wanted this stupid mission to be over.

I looked down on her small body, smiling to myself and opening my mouth to speak. "Hey, um Jaime? I was thinking...." I started. She sat up, hearing the change in my voice, and I moved my arm. She gazed into my eyes, I felt myself getting lost in her hazel eyes before I snapped myself back to the subject. "Go on..." she giggled and tilted her head to one side.

"I was thinking that, you don't have to agree I totally understand if you don't want to but, well you said you couldn't wait for the mission to be over so what if we made the mission over?" I said quietly, sounding unsure of myself towards the end of my question . She looks up at me wide eyed and I felt myself blush. Her mouth opened and closed for a few seconds before she looked to the floor.

"Tommy....I...I don't know.  What about the others? We couldn't just leave, could we? Maybe we could...I need time to think about it," She whispered, like she was having a mental battle over it. I was surprised at her answer, I thought she would definitely react differently. I thought she would be mad at me for even suggesting leaving. Maybe she wanted to leave too?

It has been a few long days since we found Addy and Mac again. Warren had miraculously found water and food although she wouldn't tell us how. There was a happy mood as we all sat in the truck we jacked from a small town two days ago. I was sandwiched between Jaime and Mac in the back of the truck. It was uncomfortable but non of us complained. Warren was hell bent on finding Murphy, even if it killed her.

Jaime has been rather quiet the past couple day but I could tell she was thinking things over in her mind. I reached down and squeeze her thigh lightly. I glance over to her an she took me by surprise with a kiss. I wasn't expecting her to kiss me. She hardly ever kissed me in front of the others, let alone in a vehicle. It took me second to kiss back. This was a passionate but innocent at the same time. Her hand lay on top of mine on her thigh. Our tongues intertwined perfectly and we moved in sync.

"Okay, Okay. Guys! We don't need this sort of PDA it was fine with just kissing but- WOW OKAY!" I heard Mac shout and he pulled on my shoulder. I pulled back, slightly warm with a fuzzy feeling in my stomach. I noticed Jaime's other hand slithered around my waist and she had moved my hand upwards, it was now resting on her inner thigh. "Oh um sorry," Jaime mumbled and we both blush a deep crimson.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry guys!! I know it took a while and its a bad chapter but I am swamped with homework and work on top of that, Its very stressful! The next chapter will be set a few weeks after this chapter, some big things are gonna be happening!!