Chapter 11

Bang.

I shook my head slowly and looked at the tire marked ground. My eyes stung with tears but I refused to let them fall.

Garnett had told me to always be strong no matter what hell I faced. Warren chucked 10k his sniper which he caught sloppily with one hand, his other hand not leaving mine for a second. He placed it back in the truck bed and sadly nodded at her. She looked distraught. Tears stained her face and her eyes were red and puffy. She nodded in return before climbing into the back seats.

"I'll drive," Doc sighed sadly as he took the driver seat. We all climbed into the truck one by one. Murphy in the passenger seat, Addy and Mac in with Warren and me and 10k in the back.

"You okay?" 10k asked as he pulled me up into the truck with him. His strong arms wrapped around me as we stood in the truck bed. Doc slowly began to pull forward over the uneven ground, sending me and 10k to the floor. "Ouch," 10k muttered as he rubbed his elbow before crawling quickly over to me.

I'm sat with my legs crossed and my arms resting on my knees. 10k looked at me waiting for my answer. I nod my head.

"Losing someone is always gonna be hard, I feel bad for Warren. She is so destroyed you can see it on her face," I whispered, scared that if Warren broke, what chance would we all have? 10k must have noticed my fear because he crawled closer and wrapped and arm around me.

I leaned into him and sighed. "You okay?" I asked him the same question. He just nodded and looked out into the trees.

We had exited the woods and we were on a main road again. 10k had taken his arm off me and started to count his ammo.

"So, about what you said back there," He began quietly still focusing on his bullets. I felt anxious as I know what he's talking about. "Did you really mean it?" He asked timidly as if he was scared of my answer. He slowly lifted his gaze to meet mine. I nodded my head before speaking, "Of course. I meant every word I said. Did..Did you mean what you said?" I asked him back. He blushed and looked away. My heart dropped when I see his reaction.

Of course I should have know he was just trying to make me feel better at the time. It was quiet for a while before he spoke again. "Jaime, I did mean what I said. I do like you, I like you a lot, it just I'm not very good at this whole relationship thing or you know, girls in general," He slowly whispered. I looked at him wide eyed.

"I do not believe that Mr. Smooth moves," I giggled, attempting to lighten the mood. He chuckled too before replying. "I never had a relationship before this, I've never really spoken to girls," He gasped suddenly realizing that he never asked me.

I raised an eyebrow and he looked at me. "Go on," I motioned for him to keep going. My heart started to beat faster and my stomach started to flutter with the oh so familiar feeling of butterflies.

"Ok well um Jaime Bell would you maybe want to have a relationship with me?" He asked shyly rubbing the back of his neck with his hand. I looked him dead in the eyes.

I stared at the beautiful boy in front of me and slowly nodded my head, "Yes of course I will," I beamed. He sighed in relief and grinned his famous silly grin. "GOD! Finally!" Addy squealed in excitement and leaned deeper into Mac's arm.

I blushed red but continue smiling at 10k who had intertwined our fingers together when he came over to me. "So what do we call this?" He asked, blushing. I shook my head and giggled. "No labels needed," I giggled and matched his grin, squeezing his hand.

As it started getting dark, Doc stopped the truck at a small cottage by the side of the road we have been driving down, we were in the middle of know where near Kansas, meaning there was practically no houses around. "We'll stop here for the night, 10k, Jaime, Mac and I will clear the place," Addy stated, taking control while Warren was in her little haze. Who could blame her, she had just lost the man she loved.

I grabbed my machete ,not wanting to waste my bullets, and jumped out onto the solid and dusty ground. The cool wind soothed my face as I walked over to Addy and Mac, 10k in tow. She looked to the door and in unison we jogged over.

"10k you take point while Jaime opens the door and I'll stand with her, ready for anything okay. Okay," She instructed as we closed the gap between us and the small worn down cottage. The white door swung on its rusty hinges, creaking in the wind. The paint was chipped and the windows were covered in dust, although I suspect the paint was chipped long before the apocalypse. I pushed the door open with my machete held high and ready.

I was on high alert as I stepped into the seemingly empty house. Seemingly empty can change into over run real quick nowadays. "You and 10k got upstairs?" Addy whispered as she stood close to me. I nodded and grabbed 10k's arm as I stepped quickly up the carpeted stairs.

"You start this end I'll go to the other end and make my way over," 10k whispered and tiptoed across the wide landing and stopped at the last door. He looked at me briefly before he bursted into the room. I did the same with my first room.

It was a bathroom. Nothing fancy just the usual, toilet, sink, bathtub and rotting corpse hanging from the ceiling fan! I grimaced as I stepped in. The poor bastard didn't know you had to destroy the brain. The Z started to flail its arm as I walked forward.

"Sir I want to thank you for your hospitality for the night, I give you mercy," I whispered before plunging my blade into the creatures eye. I'm sure he was a very nice man before this, but now he wouldn't think twice about biting a mouthful out of someone.

We finished clearing the rooms before heading back downstairs. "Clear," I pronounced as I jumped the last 2 steps. 10k laughed at me, I turned and smirked at him. "Okay I'll get the others," Mac said before walking outside.

Addy strolled over with her z wacker balanced on her shoulder. "How many bedrooms upstairs?" she asked as we all watch the others made their way over. Warren is the last to reach us and she just stood in the door way. "Well, Warren can take one room," Addy started talking, instantly Warren stomped up the steps and we heard a door slam. Addy shook her head before she continued, " Murphy and Doc can share the bunk beds, anddddd Jaime and 10k can have the last room. Mac and I will stay downstairs on watch." She smirked at me with a wink. I blushed bright red but nodded my head. I glanced at 10k and he was bright red as well.

"Okay well goodnight everybody and guys, no funny business, as Warren would say," Doc chuckled and went upstairs. Murphy followed him and smirked at me. "Are you sure you don't want to split watch with me and 10k?" I offered but she shook her head and strolled away. 10k smiled at me and grabbed my hand.

I dragged him upstairs and into the last bedroom and closed the door. I chucked my bag and rifle down onto the floor and placed my machete up by the large double bed. I bent down to untie my shoes and I could feel a pair of eyes burning into the back of me. I smirked to myself as I pulled my boots off.

Next I shrugged off my body warmer and tugged off my hoodie. I glanced over at 10k who was starting to look uncomfortable. "Don't worry k, I'll keep my shirt on," I giggled and he awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck then smiled lightly.

"Now come, on I don't bite," I laughed as I jumped onto the bed and motion him over. He started to untie his boots and placed them neatly by the door. Next he tugged of his jumper and threw it onto the floor. He awkwardly stumbled over. "So..." He whispered stopping at the side of the bed. I laughed and patted the bed next to me.

"Jeez 10k, relax I'm not gonna jump on you the first night we spend together." I giggled and sit across from him. He began to relax as he laughed and smiled at me. "I know Jaime, its just I don't wanna ruin things by being awkward," He chuckled and placed his hand on my leg.

I shook my head and rested my hand on top of his. "10k, we can take this slow if you want to, I'm not gonna rush you or anything. If you think you ready to try 'relationship' things, go for it," I stated calmly. I wasn't going to rush into things, better to take things slow then fuck them up. He nodded and stared into my eyes. He closed his eyes for a second before staring at me again.

"Can I kiss you?".

✔️