Chapter 16

10k's POV

I woke up with Jaime in my arms. Her red hair sprawled on the pillow, her eyes closed and breathing slow. She was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. I lifted my head up to glance at the covered window. I could see light outside, meaning it's probably time to get out of bed, but I was so warm and comfy. I placed my head back on the pillow and groaned, "Ugh, I don't wanna get up,".

Jaime stirred and I smirked at her. Her eyes opened, instantly locking with mine. "Good morning," I whispered leaning in closer to her. She smiled and kissed me, dragging it out as long as she could before she sat up fully, releasing my arm from underneath her. She rubbed her eyes with her palms and stretched out while yawning, "Jeezo I could use more sleep," She mumbled as she patted down her hair.

"Who the heck says 'jeezo'" I laughed at her, sitting up myself to face her. She stuck out her tongue and started to climb over me. I grabbed her hips when she was halfway over, so she was straddling me. She raised her eyebrows at me and laughed. I smirked in response as I looked at her perfect, half naked body on top of me. I liked this, but I needed to push the dirty thoughts away.

I didn't even know what I was doing properly when I kissed  her, let alone if I wanted to try anything further than our makeout sessions. I placed my hands on the small of her back and pulled her further up my chest.

"C'mon Tommy, we have to get up," She giggled as she traced shapes on my bare chest. I rolled my eyes playfully and pulled her down to my face, kissing her gently. I eventually pulled back from the sweet kiss and sighed. "Fine if you must leave me so soon, you go ahead I'll be out in 10," I said as I bit my lip and smiled. She nodded her head and she hopped off of me and reached for her t-shirt on the ground. As she bent over, I tilted my head to the side as I looked at her. She really was beautiful, from all angles. She turned around after tying her boots up and placed a kiss on my lips and smiled before leaving me alone in the room. I smiled and laughed to myself.

I stretched quickly before I settled back into bed. The way I had been acting with Jaime recently had really brought on some 'teenage urges', so I thought that I would quickly take care of it. I slowly started to slide my hands under my jeans, listening out for anyone coming into the room.

Just as I reached inside my boxers, a shrill scream reached my ears and I instantly jumped up out of bed and ran over to the door. I grabbed at the cold handle and yanked the door open. I heard a low groan. That sounded like a Z.

"Jaime?" I shouted, worried. I heard her grunt in distress before she shouted for me. I turned on my heels and quickly grabbed her machete from beside the door. "10k! Help I don't have a weapon," She screamed through the empty house. I sprinted as fast as I could down the dark hallway. My heart was beating so fast I thought it was going to burst out of my chest. I entered the kitchen to see Jaime wrestling a Z around the room. Blood was smeared all over her t-shirt and face, clearly showing a struggle between the two. She pushed the Z repeatedly back to the wall, trying her best to smash it's head on the wall.

"Keep it still, I don't wanna get you," I shouted, the words seeming to get stuck in my throat, I didn't want to think about hurting her...I would never hurt her. She started to stop moving as much but still shaking slightly as the Z started to get closer, it was way too close for my comfort but I knew there was still a high chance of me nicking her with the blade. "Please 10k," She whimpered as the Z was closing in on her neck. Suddenly, I jolted into action, plunging the sharp blade into the Z's head.

She pushed the Z to the floor, a single tear rolled down her face. Oh no. Please don't cry Jaime, you're fine, you're fine please don't cry. I couldn't speak, only act. I pulled her tightly into my arms and she just stood there quietly, she stopped shaking and eventually wrapped her arms around me. "You okay?" I quietly asked after a few minutes, stroking her hair. Jaime took a deep breath in and giggled shakily.

"No one was here when I came in, so I was looking out of the window. But when I turned around there was a Z right there in front of me," She said before taking a step away. I dropped my arms and looked into her eyes. She smiled and laughed lightly.

"That was too close for my liking," I muttered as I pulled her back into a hug, she hugged me tightly and giggled again. "I know how you feel. That son of a bitch got blood all over my shirt!" She laughed.

"Where is everyone?" She asked as she pulled a can of peaches out for me. She tossed it at me and I caught it, turning around and striking a pose. She giggled and pulled herself a can out of the bag. "I don't know, maybe went to get supplies?" I said, shrugging my shoulders. Sure it was strange that they weren't here, but it's not like they could just messages us saying they were just popping to the shops.

"They wouldn't just leave. Not without telling us or leaving a note, or at least someone on watch,".

"Jaime I'm sure they had a reason, and we will ask them when they get back,".

"Okay, were staying here until they get back,".

"That goes without saying," I smiled kindly as she smiled as well. She started to eat the peaches, staring at the fork as she ate. I ate mine too, my eyes never leaving her. The house was silent, it was strange when it was this quiet.

"Hey there Delilah, What's it like in New York city? I'm a thousand miles away but tonight you look so pretty," I started to sing shyly, completely off key and my voice shaky. I remembered Jaime singing this to me when we couldn't sleep. It was her favourite song. Jaime's eyes snapped up towards me, a huge grin plastered on her face. I felt myself blush. "Yes, you do," I continued as I looked to the floor. I paused, hoping she would continue. She doesn't but I knew she was close. "Time square can't shine twice as bright as you, I swear it's true," I hummed quietly. She grinned even wider, if that is possible, opening her mouth.

"Hey there Delilah, don't you worry about the distance, I'm right here if you get lonely give this song another listen. Close your eyes, listen to my voice it's my disguise. I'm by your side....Oh it's what you do to me!" She laughed loudly as she shouts the last line. I stand there shocked. Although she was being silly her voice was amazing! I wasn't going to say anything because I knew she would get embarrassed. I started to clap and she took a bow. She ran up to me, jumping up and swinging her arms around my neck and her legs around my waist.

She laughed loudly as I wrapped one arm around her, stumbling trying to put the can of peaches down. I finally found a worktop and wrapped my other arm around her. "Jeez Jaime I'm an old man you can't do that," I laughed as I looked into her eyes. She giggled and pouted out her lip. "Maybe I should go jump on Doc. He's a lot younger than you," she whispered, biting her lip. I opened my mouth in fake shock and released my arms so she dropped to the ground on her feet. I turned around and crossed my arms across my chest, stomping my foot and pretending to be mad. "I'm sorry, your the only old man in my life," She laughed as she turned around, smashing her lips into mine.