Chapter 21

"MURPHY!" I shrieked and grabbed my shirt, quickly pulling it over my head. He erupted into laughter again and I slipped my jeans on. I yanked open the sliding side door and jumped out. "The one and only baby!" He chuckled holding out his arms. I was never too friendly with Murphy but I ran into his arms anyway, hugging him tightly. If he was here, that means the others weren't far behind. "It's good to see you! Where are the others?" I asked stepping back and making sure I had my weapons on me. He laughed lightly and looked over his shoulder. "Not far behind, so if I were you 10 cents, I would get dressed. Don't worry I won't embarrass ya," He chuckled ruffling my hair. He wiggled his eyebrows and started to walk away. I grabbed his arm. "Where are you going?".

"I was going to shout the others over. They should be just over there, I got bored of Mac and Addy so I walk ahead,".

"Really? Go quick get them!" I shouted and he smiled before walking away. I rushed back to 10k and grinned at him. He was currently slipping back into his jeans, still shirtless. "I'm sorry we got interrupted," I pouted, sadly placing my hand on his back and handing him his shirt. He chuckled lightly, making me smile again. He turned to face me after putting his shirt back on. "Babe it isn't you fault," He leaned in and connected our lips. He pulled me closer and I wrapped my hand in his.

"JAIMEI!" Someone squealed and I pulled away reluctantly from 10k, turning to see Addy running towards me. I jumped out of 10k's arm and sprinted to meet her. She tackled me in a hug and we fell to the floor, laughing like maniacs. "I thought we were never gonna see you again!" She cried into my hair as we hugged each other.

I stood up to be greeted by a grinning Warren. I smiled widely at her as she opened her arms, nodding her head at me. I plunged into her arms, wrapping my own around her. "I'm glad to see you okay," She whispered and I mumbled my response, "I'm glad your okay too,". Next I was being dragged away from Warren and into Mac's arms. He ruffled my hair but didn't say anything. He was like an older brother to me. I looked over at Doc who was open mouthed and smiling wide. "Kid! I thought we had lost you and 10k for good!" He shouted wrapping his arms around me. I laughed, "Sorry but you're stuck with us old man," I giggled and looked over at 10k who was hugging Warren. I smiled to myself, we were back together and safe.

We stood around sharing stories and catching up with each other, sharing food and water as well. The sun was starting to set so Warren clapped her hands, catching everyone's attention. "Okay guys, it's getting dark so we are all gonna have to squeeze in Jaime and 10k's van for the night, if that's okay with you two?" She looked over to 10k and I. He was hugging me from behind while I was talking to Doc, Addy and Mac. I nodded my head, obviously, and stepped away from his comforting body. I instantly felt colder and a lot less safe.

I pulled open the side door to reveal the seats already folded down. Murphy tossed a smirk towards me then 10k. We both blushed, I was still embarrassed that Murphy had caught us like that. I was also kinda disturbed he had seen me in just my underwear. "A few of us can squeeze in here then two can take the front seat and recline them all the way back," I suggested and moved mine and 10k's bags out of the way. Warren nodded before assigning us beds. Taking control, just like she always did.

Warren and Doc took the front seats, the rest of us squeezed in the back. 10k was led at the far side, then me next to him, then Murphy in between me and Addy then Mac on the far side. To say it was a tight fit was an understatement. "This is like one big sleepover!" Murphy squealed sarcastically, slipping an arm over me. This made me scrunch up my face and 10k looked at me then at Murphy. He scowled and flicked Murphy's arm away, replacing it with his protectively. Murphy raised his hands in defence and turned onto his back. "Gotta try brother, gotta try,".

I woke up and we were driving. I sat up and accidentally leant on Murphy's stomach making him grunt in pain. "Sorry," I whispered before crawling forward out of 10k's arms. "Good morning," I said as I crossed my legs at the end of every one's feet. We needed to fold these seats back up. "Oh hey, Jaime, we are gonna stop soon for food and a toilet break so hold out till then for the seats to be put back," Doc smiled like he had read my mind.  I nodded my head, smiling before crawling back over to 10k. I collapsed on top of his chest, causing him to wake up and wrap his arms over my back. "Good morning 10k," I whispered and cuddled into him more. He started to twirl my hair with his fingers. "Good morning," He replied with a smile.

We stopped about an hour ago and I was now stuck in between 10k and Murphy, Addy and Mac sat on the seats behind us. "Whoa, another zombie-fied kid in a floral shirt," Doc muttered as we drove past the Z. He was a young boy, no older than 13 maybe 14, wearing a floral print shirt and shorts. We had driven past 1 already. Mac and Addy continued there own conversation quietly behind us. I glance up at 10k who was already staring at me, making me blush. He chuckled quietly and placed a hand on my thigh, tracing small circles with his thumb. This was something he did quite often. We tried to have a conversation earlier but Murphy, being Murphy, kept butting in with highly inappropriate comments. I turned to watch the scenery rush past us.

"Hey. We got a live one!" I shouted excitedly. It was starting to freak me out at the amount of dead children that were walking down the road. I leaned forward and pointed at the living boy walking along the road. Warren slowed down before jumping out to speak to the boy. A few minutes later the boy climbed in next to Mac and we started driving again.

Time skip to inside the Sisters of Mercy's camp...

I step out from behind Helen and stared at my surroundings in awe. There was green, lush grass covering most of the ground around the wood cabins. Women and girls talked and laughed among themselves happily. I didn't see any men but I overheard Helen talking about how only women and children were aloud inside the walls, which would explain why 10k and the others weren't aloud in.
A small stream flowed lazily down the side of the area we were currently stood in.  "You're pretty. Wanna come see my butterflies?" A small voice giggled from beside me. I turned to look at the small girl, a confused look on my face. Was she talking to me? I pointed a finger at myself as she laughed and nodded. I grinned enormously at the complement and nodded excitedly. She took my large hand in her small one, and dragged me away to her group of friends.

We sat on the grass and the group of girls braided my hair, placing flowers in it. I hadn't seen how it looked yet but I could tell it looked great from the way the girls were staring at me. "Do you have a boyfriend?" One of them randomly blurted out. I giggled lightly and nodded my head. They all gasped and bombarded me with questions. I held up my hands and they all stopped talking. "One at a time," I giggled. I went down the line, answering various questions until one little girl asked me something that made me stop. "Do you love him? Cause from the way you explained him he sure sounds like he loves you!".