Chapter 17

Jamie's P.O.V

I shook my head, laughing as I walked into the bathroom. I opened the top of the toilet hoping there would still be water in there. Unfortunately for me there wasn't, "Damn it!" I mumbled as I walked back out of the room. I pouted as I walked into the kitchen where 10k was watching out of the window. "Tommy I need to go down to the river to wash up," I pouted as I gestured to my blood covered face and clothes. He smiled awkwardly and raised one eyebrow. "Is there no water in the toilet tank?" He questioned as he looked back out the window. I shook my head even though he wasn't looking. "No there isn't, I'll be back in half an hour," I said as I grabbed my rifle and headed towards the room to grab my bag.

"Hey, you aren't going alone! Plus I need a wash too," he shouted as he followed close behind me. I turned to face him, he stopped walking when I stopped. "You need to wait here for the others, then you can go. Don't worry Tommy, I'll be safe" I stated clearly. He shook his head in disagreement  and grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers. "We are going together and we will leave a note, don't even bother arguing," He chuckled as he smirked at me. I rolled my eyes playfully  and tried to hide my smile.

We reached the river within 10 minutes of walking, still hand in hand. "I'm going to be so annoyed if it is freezing," 10k groaned as he placed his sniper down next to a tree close to the slow moving river. He placed his bag down and motioned for me to hand him my bag. I placed my rifle and machete next to his things and crouched down to untie my boots. Tommy did the same then he looked at me awkwardly. "I'm just gonna stay in my boxers, I have another pair for when I get out," He whispered, but still loud enough for me to hear. I laughed before replying, "Okay, I'll just stay in my underwear as well," I giggled again at his red face.

I swiveled around and started to remove my clothing until I was stood in a bra and a pair of boy shorts. I turned to look at 10k who stood in his boxers smirking at me. I raised my eyebrows and smirked back as I looked him up and down while he did the same to me before laughing and rubbing the back of his neck. "C'mon dork, lets go," He sniggered and grabbed my arm, dragging me forward.

I dipped my toe in and instantly squealed. "Oh my lord, it's freezing!" I shouted and turned to see 10k running at me, swinging me over his shoulder and running into the water. I started to lightly hit his back. "Tommy, don't you dare put me in this water!" I screamed. He laughed and slapped my ass, "It was you that wanted to come for a bath!" He laughed loudly and chucked me into the water. The water was deep enough that my head went under when I'm thrown. The water sent shivers down my spine, but it was oddly refreshing.

I pushed up to the top of the water and took in a deep breath in. My teeth were chattering as my feet tried to find something to stand on. I found a slimy rock and stood there, the water level at my belly button. "Tommy! Come here right now and carry me to where I can actually stand, please," I whined as I crossed my hands over my stomach, feeling self conscious. He looked at me and tilted his head like a lost puppy. I pouted and placed my hands on the side of my face. He shook his head and started to walk over to me. He was a lot taller than me so the water was only up to his shoulders where it would have been over my head.

"Your so small it's adorable," He grinned as he placed me somewhere I could reach the bottom. I scowled at him and stuck my tongue out. He laughed and dipped his head under to wash his hair. I did the same and when I was done, I flipped my head back spraying water all over 10k's bare chest. "Oh that's it!" He groaned as he grabbed me by the hips and pulled my back against his chest. He bent his head down to the crook of my neck and starts to rub his wet hair on me. I squealed and tried to break out of his grip. I started to laugh as he placed small kisses where he rubbed his hair. "You should probably wash the blood off of your face," He chuckled again before letting me go. He turned his back to me and started to wash his body. I watched in awe as his back muscles tensed before I turned and splashed water over my face.

It felt weird to be enjoying ourselves and laughing when we had no clue where the others were. They wouldn't just leave us, would they? I tried to push my anxiety away as I pulled some black yoga pants up my legs. But the unsettling feeling of abandonment still sat at the pit of my stomach.

I strolled back from where I had gotten changed and waited for 10k. I swung my bag over my shoulder and slid my machete into my belt before grabbing my rifle. I leaned against a tree and started to hum to myself. I heard twigs snapping from in front of me. I raised my gun quickly and listened closely. "Don't shoot, just me," 10k chuckled and raised his arms. I smiled and nodded my head. He gathered his things and we started to walk back to the house. We were walking for 2 minutes before 10k took my hand and spoke. "Why are you being so quiet?".

"I'm worried about the others, what if something bad has happened to them?".
"Jaime don't worry okay. They are fine,".
"How do you know?".
"Warren would never let anyone of them get hurt, and if she was hurt Doc would have come back to get us. And if they were both hurt we know Murphy would run back to us like a scared child for protection.".
"Yeah okay, but if they aren't back tomorrow we are going to find them," I demanded as we reached the road. 10k nodded and let go of my hand to pike a Z. He jogged back over to me, taking my hand again, squeezing it slightly. We shared a smile. The familiar house came back into view. There was a van parked outside, a van that wasn't there when we left.

I pulled 10k down behind a garden fence. "What if it's the others, maybe they got a new ride?" 10k whispered. I shook my head and pointed at the front window. "That isn't one of them, plus they wouldn't leave the engine running." I pointed at the bald guy sat in the driver's seat tapping his hand on the side of the steering wheel. We waited to see if anybody would exit the house. After 1 minute, 3 guys walked out, closing the door behind them. "That's odd," I muttered to myself. They didn't take any of our supplies and they closed the door.

Once the strangers had left and turned driven around the corner, 10k and I sprinted over to the house. We burst through the door, hoping we would see the others sat around the table. But the house was empty and quiet. "Hey look at this," 10k pointed at the several cans of food and bottles of water stacked around the note we had left. There was another note written beneath ours. The note read:

                ---------------------------------------------

        Be back soon-10k and Jaime

                        We are taking your friends to California, meet us there, or don't up to you, Thought you might need some supplies- Adam and friends

                  ---------------------------------------------