38

Finally!

This is the last chapter...

Hope you enjoy it, read, vote and leave a comment! I love you all :)

P.S. Epilogue will follow this week. 

**

Sheila giggled – her lips stretching into a smile that made both, her ears and her cheeks hurt. She was sitting on her folded legs – knees digging into soft carpet. Nervously, she adjusted the birthday tiara that sat on her head and gently adjusted Xavier's oversized jumper over her, much narrower shoulders.

Around her, her friends looked at her. Each one of them reflected her own expression as she overlooked the pile of presents in front of her.

"I feel like a child on a Christmas," she breathed out, covering her face for a second. All the attention she had been receiving since she woke up was slightly overwhelming for her.

She was far away from London; far away from the misery which Hutton-Le-Hole started to become. However, one thing that was most important and what made Sheila's heart soar in happiness was the fact that she was surrounded with people she loved – who loved her. It almost felt like a dream – a dream that she didn't want to wake up from.

An arm sneaked around her shoulders and Sheila didn't have to look to her side to know whose it was. He hasn't left her side since they walked together into the house and she didn't mind. She liked having him close, his warmth radiating when he was close to her and his fingers carelessly touching her ever so often.

Sheila looked up finally, meeting his eyes and gave him a smile that matched his own—

"I am giddier than she is!" Elvis cried, interrupting Sheila's train of thoughts as he grabbed the random package from the pile. He had a silly smirk on his face, pushing box towards her. "Go on, I want to see what's in it," he urged as Sheila looked at him, raising one of her eyebrows in amusement.

"Calm your tits, mate," Xavier muttered from where he had been sitting on the side of the sofa. His smile stretched into a mock grin, observing Elvis as he, excitedly drummed his fingers against his legs. "Last time I checked, it was her birthday, not yours."

"Last time I checked you needed to get laid," Elvis grinned, flipping him off, smiling, before turning his attention back to Sheila. She was just watching them, like everyone else in the room.

"Xavier is right, calm your tits Benny," Shannon joined in, "and plus, it's not Xavier's fault that he doesn't have Coleen that he can shag—"

"—You better shut your mouth, Shannon," Elvis warned and Sheila could swear that she saw red tint appear on Elvis' cheeks for a second before it disappeared again.

"I am just saying," Shannon jokingly whispered, taking a sip of her drink through the pink straw.

Elvis shook his head, his attention returning completely towards Sheila. "Let's pretend like Shannon is not her, shall we?" he whispered dramatically before grinning and once again reaching out the box towards Sheila. "Take this one! It looks so fancy!"

The box that landed in Sheila's lap was medium sized and minimally decorated – one single satin bow tied across the middle. Her fingers wrapped around and she lifted it up, suddenly realising it was much lighter than she expected. Her head tilted to the side and she subconsciously gripped her bottom lip between her teeth.

"Is this from you?" she asked, looking up at George. He was nursing a beer bottle in one hand while the other one was busy taking, probably the millionth picture of the day. He looked back at her, crossing his legs at his ankles and adjusted the silly paper hat over his messy hair.